Set 11 pre releases

By Hanzo2, in UFS Uk Forum

Has anyone had thier prerelease yet in the UK?

Please tell me how it went! I have now made 3 decks from the new set and have all 4 topper cards, and indeed malicious intent is fantastic.

Also he's my thoughts and opinions on some new cards:

Neo raging storm ( amazing new killer card)

fire kick ( same here just uncommon and a 2 check as opposed to raging storm.)

billiard player (I see some potential in this one, perhaps even ban worthy.)

Beuatiful nightmare ( cursed blood 2.0)

British subject ( accelerated turns FTW)

Street fighter cards:

Balrog, (Seriously fantastic.)

Cheers everyone,

Merry christmas

Daniel

Merry Christmas!

We've had pre-releases in Nottingham (Thurs) and Sheffield (Sat). The Huddersfield pre-release is today (Sun).

Thursday Nottingham was sealed. I got the new Guile plus 2x Chain of Command which worked well in the format. Also a Sardine's Beach Special proved to be a great kill card.

Saturday was won by Huge'o and his Giant Wrestling Army (Justin).

As for set cards and possible impact on constructed play:

• Characters from the set, both Mika and Chun Li allow for massive aggro in opponents turns. Especially against Chun Li, facing her you'll have to play differently
  • Spinning Beat and Neo Deadly Rave are both fantastic TMF's.
  • High Tide is the first 5cc split in a long while and the only 5cc attack in block three, this alone makes it uber.
  • Charismatic is great for all it's symbols. Unique plus Owlface was much needed balancing.
  • Water finally got Asset destruction. Both Nature's Force and Clean Freak were very much needed anti-Owlface.
  • Annu Mutsube is simple, effective and dangerous. Even more so in Chun Li or Mika builds.
  • Shadaloo Crime Syndicate is a balanced, possibly to the point of underpowered, Addes Syndicate. Even so, it feels as though somewhere a deck will either sideboard or maindeck this with very annoying consequences.
  • Scott Mence the character card actually has a niche archetype now! Being that Scott is a 7hs void character with in-built momentum gen for Kuzuryu Reppa and Spinning Beat could make Scott's character a very fast turn two void multiple deck. Could be fun to tinker with.
  • Basara introduces Burn into the game, while different and interesting, there aren't enough cards to support the theme propertly yet.
  • The new Alex is strange and interesting, from looking at his support and face-down theme, I'm not sure if it's good, bad or ugly.
  • Huge'o is back! Even if only because of stats/abilities, you'll probably see Hugo around in constructed. With essentially 6/40, Earth-based draw/soak/pump, he's going to be a nightmare to face.
  • Sardine's Beach Special hasn't been mentioned much yet... but as far as single card finishers go it bears a striking resemblance to a throw-keyword, 2cc version of Tiger Fury...

What were the pre-release cards? I know what Flames of Fame and Warrior's Dream do, but how about the ones for the event?

Here ya go Cascade:

Malicious Intent
0/5 +1M Action, All/Death/Life/Order/Void
E: Your attack gets +1 speed and +1 damage. Draw 1 card.

Counter the Assault
2/5 +3L Foundation, Air/All/Chaos/Order
E Commit: Your attack gets +X damage. X equals your opponent's momentum.
E Commit: Draw 1 card.

Simple, yet effective. I love them!

I'm also loving the new set. It's shying away from the 1 hit kills that were supposedly "killing" the game, by bringing speed reduction into the mix. A lot of people are saying Block 3 is the only format being played at their venues, apart from during the patch events. I can imagine that in Legacy, a lot of this stuff is pretty nasty (can you imagine Balrog with both sets of his support, let alone Legacy? or Alex with Yoga Mastery?), but on it's own and in Block 2, the set is just awesome. I don't think I've had a boring pre-release during the Colchester or Aldershot ones, unlike the previous 2 sets because they packed too much life gain.

The set also brings attention to other characters in previous sets. Sagat becomes awesome combined with Remy's foundations, and has fun shenanigans with Billiard Player (then again, anyone can have fun shenanigans with BP). *Rock Howard* finally becomes playable with Alex's support. Jivatma could become even more of a force to be reckoned with when used with Basara's support. And last but not least Visions of Destiny makes Balrog brutal!

All I can say about set 11 is I LOVE IT!

Speaking of visions of destiny...... ummmmm could anybody tell me of a way to fish punches from my discard pile in block 3?

Cheers.

p.s Wow high tide is the new clones but better, cheers!

Merry christmas

Speaking of visions of destiny...... ummmmm could anybody tell me of a way to fish punches from my discard pile in block 3?

Cheers.

Merry christmas

I am completley in all out, full-on love with Power of the Light. This card ALONE will make me buy boxes untill I have 4...

Hanzo said:

Cheers.

Merry christmas

Umm, Tag Along or Fighting for Information?