Support for Twilight Codex and Official Printing

By brcowell, in Twilight Imperium

Hi Fantasy Flight Team and the larger TI4 community,

I want to officially express my support for the new Twilight Imperium Codex. I greatly appreciate the hard work and commitment that has gone into these revised/new game components to improve the overall gameplay of TI4, and I definitely look forward to future iterations. I also fully support an official printing of all of the Codex components by FFG at some point in the future (maybe when a few more of the anticipated Codex iterations have been released). I will gladly pay for the option to have professionally printed components from FFG, and as Dane mentioned in a recent podcast interview, this is definitely possible if FFG thinks it would be profitable. So, let it be known that I am willing to pay, and I'm hoping the other satisfied TI4 gamers will similarly express their support!

Keep up the great work with Twilight Imperium!

I second this, especially when it comes to the action cards. With all of the other cards, the print quality doesn't really matter that much, but with the action cards, it is important to have them look as much like the other action cards as possible, which is why I would be more than happy to buy them as a standalone product for TI4.

I would also like to add my voice to the increasing clamour for an official print run of the omega tech and anything that crops up in the codex!

I would be happy to see future codexes released as physical products (mini expansions) instead of digitally because that allows players to help financially support the ongoing development process.

And I could see this being a new type of business model for FFG's heavier board games, the games where it would normally take at least a couple of years before they release a new expansion, if at all.

There are so many possibilities!

2 hours ago, Wh0isTh3D0ct0r said:

Yep, that's the one.

Thank you all for chiming in with your support too. Hopefully we'll see plenty more people weigh in to make the official printings a reality!

Didn't he say the goal is 3-4 codexes a year? Perhaps a TI Codex Annual that compiles the years issues into one physical product.

Assuming they actually manage to keep this going. I've seen before stuff like this that promise a semi-regular schedule and then the 2nd issue is a month or two late, the 3rd issue is 6-9 months late, then there are some promises that "we're working on the next one" and then it's never heard of again.

I will say, that a regular 'zine like this is much more likely to succeed if they release more games set in the universe. TI Genesys RPG (hopefully with books on each race), maybe a variation of Star Wars Armada with capital ships (THAT WOULD BE SO COOL!!!) (and sooooo expensive). Whatever other TI themed games they can come up with.

Can we pay now! :)

If FFG makes it, I will buy it. 👍

Dane Beltrami says at 34:52 not to expect an official printed version of the codex cards anytime soon. 🙁

In regards to any officially printed Codex materials mentioned in the interview, Dane used the terms "if there ever were a physical product" it would likely be when "we're done with the Codex system in the far future". ☚ī¸

You have my support for the throne! (and this idea)

Many other TI players would gladly pay for officially printed codex materials.

Maybe there could be a paid season pass for TI that would give subscribers those cards?