Ronan the Accuser modular set available in the play resources section!

By FearLord, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

Ronan is mean. I love it! Interested to see how much a single module like this can increase a scenario's difficulty.

I hope this is included in Galaxy's Most Wanted.

1 hour ago, BCumming said:

Ronan is mean. I love it! Interested to see how much a single module like this can increase a scenario's difficulty.

It’s really mean! I think it would definitely make a scenario harder - he’s very hard to avoid be because the only way to avoid him is if you’re discarding cards from the deck. In the majority of games, he will enter play and then you have to either dedicate significant resources to killing him or just accept he’s going to be a real pain for the rest of the game!

I'm fairly certain it will be considering I believe Ronan was on the cover of the box we saw during the livestream. I always liked Ronan both an an antagonist and a sometimes ally in the comics. I was kinda bummed that they didn't resolve him differently at the end of GotG 1. Putting a face to Kree antagonism in the MCU really helps build a world and establish that faction.

Edited by phillos
1 hour ago, DrcAnjel said:

I hope this is included in Galaxy's Most Wanted.

Not likely. Evan said they didn't have plans to release this in any other way, as of right now.

I think this is a good way to release it. Ronan is clearly WAY (WAY) above the curve; it's definitely a challenge set for the kind of people who think the game is too easy. And so I think it's fine not taking up a slot in a standard release, where the game is targeted at a more casual level (that's not an insult, I'm definitely in that category).

If they keep doing this, they can then collect them in a 'challenge pack' PoD expansion once they've got a half dozen or so sets. Or if they do 'Return to' style expansions from Arkham (I think LOTR had something similar as well), they can include it when they redo Guardians.

****, 9 health PER PLAYER! As a minion. That's going to be a pain for the weaker heroes or in a team game. It will really shift the balance once he arrives (I shudder thinking of playing him at Heroic 1 - 3). 3 ATK and 3 SCH cannot be ignored either. Theme wise he doesn't fit with any of the Earth based villains (maybe Kang?). If Ronan is just the minion in the Galaxy's most wanted who is the prime villain or is Ronan both a villain and a minion?

2 hours ago, James Ravenwood said:

****, 9 health PER PLAYER! As a minion. That's going to be a pain for the weaker heroes or in a team game. It will really shift the balance once he arrives (I shudder thinking of playing him at Heroic 1 - 3). 3 ATK and 3 SCH cannot be ignored either. Theme wise he doesn't fit with any of the Earth based villains (maybe Kang?). If Ronan is just the minion in the Galaxy's most wanted who is the prime villain or is Ronan both a villain and a minion?

This is a separate stand alone thing they’re releasing for Gen Con. Its not intended to be in Galaxy’s Most Wanted where Ronan has been confirmed as a Villain (and one would assume, the final villain in the campaign) although thematically it would certainly go with the other 4 scenarios in the box.

I would just throw it in with whatever you feel like though - Ronan attack’s Earth while Rhino is breaking into a Shield facility, etc...

I have no way to print things - especially not in a way that I could use them in a game :(. add this to the Daisy Walker sadness.

9 hp even in Solo can turn the table in favor of the villain.

I'm only a bit disappointed that the ready-to-print PDF on Hallofheroeslcg.com has no clear spaces between the cards, it makes hard to figure out how to cut them without cutting into the card themselves...

3 minutes ago, Sc00ter1979 said:

I have no way to print things - especially not in a way that I could use them in a game :(. add this to the Daisy Walker sadness.

I think going to my local copy shop they have experience and they do an incredible job at fulfilling your requests.

For those of us who have never printed cards, can anyone share what the best way to print them would be, such as sizing and what not?

3 hours ago, Silverburst3 said:

For those of us who have never printed cards, can anyone share what the best way to print them would be, such as sizing and what not?

I second this, thanks for asking :-)

4 hours ago, Silverburst3 said:

The following post might help, where I already answered this:

On 8/2/2020 at 4:28 PM, SpiderMana said:

Not likely. Evan said they didn't have plans to release this in any other way, as of right now.

Any idea how we could get a release quality print? I’m guessing that making a card isn’t your average beat when it comes to paper.

Colour printer, get the size right then sleeve it with an unused card. Can’t even tell the difference.

So this is print and play with no physical release?

I have some index card stock and my brother has a card cutter. I might give it a try.

3 hours ago, IceHot42 said:

So this is print and play with no physical release?

I have some index card stock and my brother has a card cutter. I might give it a try.

Yes, they’ve said no plans for a physical release. Definitely worth a go I think - although I’m not sure how many times I’ll actually play with it unless I want a real challenge- it’s pretty hardcore! I estimate that it’s the hardest module so far...

So I printed it. It’s pre-sized for you. So truly just print and play

Edited by Ywingscum

As Captain Marvel is one of my Favourite heroes going cosmic and dealing with the Kree, Skrulls and please FFG the Brood, are what I am now looking forward to. Thanks for clarifying the Minion Ronan. He doesn't really fit in any of the current scenarios but he certainly adds a level of challenge that is fun to take on.

On 8/3/2020 at 5:32 PM, Derrault said:

Any idea how we could get a release quality print? I’m guessing that making a card isn’t your average beat when it comes to paper.

I'd like to know this as well. It would be nice if they would include a release allowing people to get these printed at places like PrinterStudio so we can get actual decent cards. I gave it a try getting them to print it and they're asking for an actual document stating the cards can be printed. I get the whole intellectual property thing, but this is ridiculous. Disney's approach to IP - to go after the smallest, dumbest things possible to completely kill infringement - is making being part of the fan community for any of their properties an exercise in aggravation.

Edited by maniakmedic
4 hours ago, maniakmedic said:

I'd like to know this as well. It would be nice if they would include a release allowing people to get these printed at places like PrinterStudio so we can get actual decent cards. I gave it a try getting them to print it and they're asking for an actual document stating the cards can be printed. I get the whole intellectual property thing, but this is ridiculous. Disney's approach to IP - to go after the smallest, dumbest things possible to completely kill infringement - is making being part of the fan community for any of their properties an exercise in aggravation.

The few people I've seen receive decent prints have used Promotional backs of some sort. If you use opaque sleeves it's no problem, but if you use clear... You're probably best off just printing it on regular paper and sleeving it with a modular or some nemesis cards that you're not using at the moment.

1 hour ago, SpiderMana said:

The few people I've seen receive decent prints have used Promotional backs of some sort. If you use opaque sleeves it's no problem, but if you use clear... You're probably best off just printing it on regular paper and sleeving it with a modular or some nemesis cards that you're not using at the moment.

I’m probably going to do both. I’m having some printed, but with Promo the back instead of Marvel. I’ll probably sit them off to the side and have some paper ones slipped in the sleeve with other cards, and I’ll replace them with the better looking ones when they find out...