Upcoming 4 new expansions for Empire and Rebels!

By Cavkov, in Star Wars: Legion

So we got a tease that the upcoming 4 expansions will be for the Empire and Rebels.

I would love to see:

Empire: Thrawn, AT-PT, Probe Droids,

Rebels: Rest of the Rogue One crew, Lando

What do you think it will be? 🤔

Edited by Cavkov

Ewoks. I want Ewoks.

Jawas!

Lando is 100% happening, they said in an old stream they wanted to do him soon and the Flaw card idea they showed today for Anakin is PERFECT for Lando. Empire may get Probe Droids as they said they were adding the observation token for certain other units where it makes sense (possibly Bothan Spies or something to give it to Rebels, the last faction who would be without it)

43 minutes ago, Xclbr1 said:

Lando is 100% happening, they said in an old stream they wanted to do him soon and the Flaw card idea they showed today for Anakin is PERFECT for Lando. Empire may get Probe Droids as they said they were adding the observation token for certain other units where it makes sense (possibly Bothan Spies or something to give it to Rebels, the last faction who would be without it)

Yeah Bothans could be the "no one asked for" unit maybe?

I would love to see some ATPT too tho, loved them in Rogue Squadron, Galactic Battlegrounds and in EU.

2 hours ago, Cavkov said:

So we got a tease that the upcoming 4 expansions will be for the Empire and Rebels.

I would love to see:

Empire: Thrawn, AT-PT, Probe Droids,

Rebels: Rest of the Rogue One crew, Lando

What do you think it will be? 🤔

Thrawn is an admiral, he shouldn't be in Legion

I would really like to see probe droids

Edited by Bobmc
Just now, Bobmc said:

The Emperor says hello...

Probe droids would be a great choice. Bothans are problematic because while canon, there is no canon image for them remaining as Disney purged the old image.

Willrow Hood and Elan Sleazebaggano. I'm calling it right now. Feel free to link people back here when they officially announce them.

16 minutes ago, Bobmc said:

See the Rebels episode where he directly leads ground forces in the attack on the Rebel base on Atollon. He has way more of a place in Legion than the Emperor.

23 minutes ago, Bobmc said:

He was in charge of an ground assault in SW Rebels with special outfit too. He is also very skillful in a hand to hand combat as well.

main-qimg-c23f1eb7e5276dd37a684b27a00f6f25.webp

I'd like to see Moff Gideon.

Folks, if the CIS and Republic are getting new Force users, with new force powers, then it is most likely that two of those releases will have those Force powers in them, which means the Commander/Operative releases of this set are (probably) Force users in keeping with the "you can get all the cards only buying units for your faction."
EDIT: My guesses here are Kaden or Ahsoka for Rebels, One of the Inquisitors for Empire.

2 hours ago, Cavkov said:

Yeah Bothans could be the "no one asked for" unit maybe?

I would love to see some ATPT too tho, loved them in Rogue Squadron, Galactic Battlegrounds and in EU.

Doubtful on Bothans, Disney has been keeping them under wraps, going so far as to require FFG to pull them from the RPG if I recall correctly.

Edited by Caimheul1313
1 hour ago, Bobmc said:

Someone hasn’t watched rebels...

The Grand Inquisitor could be a Operative or Commander for Empire, other inquisitors should (in my opinion) form the first Force User Special Ops unit.

Nute Gunray. They've decided to put him in all the factions because he's so amazing.

4 hours ago, Cavkov said:

He was in charge of an ground assault in SW Rebels with special outfit too. He is also very skillful in a hand to hand combat as well.

main-qimg-c23f1eb7e5276dd37a684b27a00f6f25.webp Unavailable

Also in the books too, he was involved in directing ground troops,

Could be the rest of the ghost crew we have Sabine so you could have Kanan, Ezra , Zeb, Etc,

Crix Madine.

Old Ben Kenobi, Saw Garrera, Older Rex ala Rebels not Return of the Jedi retcon.

Empire have some characters that could join. Thrawn, callus or inquisitors. Alot of old men in grey uniform I guess or rest of the bounty hunters.

Rebels have some options as well. Old obi-wan, Lando, Ghost crew, rouge one characters.

Only problem with another commander/operative is that most roles are getting filled. Lando would be very close to Leia, Han and Cassian for example. Same with a third bounty hunter for empire.

With the new multi wound personel/heavy upgrades there is some cool options that can be done. Characters can join without being their own operative expansion.

For the rebels you still have Ahsoka , Kallus as well, Cal Kestis. Mon Mothma (if the Emporer can fight, why not her).

Could really do with a proper tank type unit for the Rebels.

If we're doing new force users to match the new force powers CIS and GAR are getting I think it will either be: Kanan Jarrus or Ahsoka Tano paired with Grand Inquisitor(more likely Kanan since it would be dumb for Rebels get get Ahsoka before her GAR incarnation), or Cal Kestis paired with Second Sister.

Edited by DtLS

I am personally hoping for Ezra and Thrawn. Maybe it's time for new heavies for Rebel and Empire?

Purge troopers as Special Forces unit, with their heavy weapon option filled with different Inquisitors. i.e each of them has 3 red dice melee only, and a special skill (9th sister gives the unit Charge, 2nd sister gives Nimble, etc).

Edited by Qwar

Thrawn and Ruhk, Kanan and Ezra would be the obvious pairings here. Ruhk though would likely be like K2 and require Thrawn and be in the same pack.

OT era stuff "no one has guessed", off the top of my head:
Garindan spy
Evazan and Ponda Baba
Boussh Leia
General Riekan
Yavin guards
Scouts with stun batons (fallen order)
Wolf rider Ezra and Kanan
Grievbar (Vader comics -please no!)
Deleted scene ROTJ general (cant remember name)
Imperial scanning crew
Incinerator troopers
Shocktroopers
Death star gunners
Commander Sato
Galen Erso
Stormtrooper cadets
Padawan Leia
Sana Solo

T16 skyhopper

1 hour ago, syrath said:

Thrawn and Ruhk, Kanan and Ezra would be the obvious pairings here. Ruhk though would likely be like K2 and require Thrawn and be in the same pack.

This! 👏