Republic what to buy?

By player3719000, in Army Building

Hello there! I am a very green legion player who got into the hobby from the clone wars release. It is my favorite era of star wars and I jumped at the idea of using those iconic characters and clones. But onto my question. What should I buy to expand my collection for the republic? I already have 2 core sets but nothing else in my collection so far.

Rex and Padame are good additions. If you get a Tank (not bad either ), I would also get R2D2/C3P0.

Rex should probably be first. Padme is definitely a good option. Phase IIs if you can find them (unfortunately you might not be able to), otherwise two more Phase Is to get you up to 6 Corps. ARCs are coming out later this month and you will probably want some of those. R2 is definitely a good option to have, but he's kinda pricey as he comes in a terrain/scenario pack.

Rex is the obvious first choice, along with Clones, either Phase I or Phase IIs. If you like armor, the Saber tank is pretty good as well.

Thank you so much for all of your feedback! But another question occurred to me, is it worth it to buy the upgrade card pack? There appears to be a lot of valuable upgrades that can help flesh out my units. But I’m unsure if it’s worth it to buy it because I might not use some of them.

Upgrade pack gives you pretty good upgrades, especially the clone captain and technician, and if you don't end up using them you can use them as an extra unit.

5 hours ago, player3719000 said:

Thank you so much for all of your feedback! But another question occurred to me, is it worth it to buy the upgrade card pack? There appears to be a lot of valuable upgrades that can help flesh out my units. But I’m unsure if it’s worth it to buy it because I might not use some of them.

You're always going to end up with extra cards. Nature of the beast, even if you just buy expansions for your faction. If you just got into the game, and don't have a lot of expansions, it's not a bad idea to pick it up. I'd recommend looking over what cards are in it, and then decide how many of those you'd love to have in your lists right now that you don't have, and don't get through expansions that are on your short list. If it's more than a couple, go for it.

For the price, it's not a bad option to buy the card pack if you don't plan on buying a lot of unit kits to start with. For those who plan to have a large collection rather quickly, not so much.