No news for Mansion of Madness.

By OpticFusion, in Mansions of Madness

So I guess Mansions of Madness is now done. We haven’t seen any new DLC in almost 2 years and its been 9 months since Path of the Serpent with nothing from FFG. it’s really a shame I love Mansions of Madness. Played all the scenarios more than twice now. Was hoping for something new but with no announcement at GENCON, I think its safe to assume its now done.

Edited by OpticFusion

There's plenty of existing content for the game, but I hope it's not over. Even new DLC once a year would be nice.

Do they normally announce new content at GenCon & then start releasing at Arkham Nights in October?

Descent ran into this same thing for several years. No announcements or a very coy response if asked. And then sometime later a new DLC would pop out of thin air. Especially where a MoM DLC had been out for a day before they said anything. I don't think we can conclude no announcement means nothing.

At the very least, I'm hoping we eventually get the remaining investigators that are still missing from the game. At this point I'd settle just for an expansion that included the 20 or so missing investigators and nothing else. Considering they only release 2 or 4 investigators per expansion, well... we'll probably never get them all otherwise.

Not unless they're planning a MoM3E anyway.

They probably ran out of cash for AH development because of license fees to the mouse for SW and Marvel stuff.......

I’ve wondered if MoM has been effected by the layoffs they went through last year when they shuttered their interactive department. No app programmers = no new MoM content.

Update: Random, but I just noticed that FFG has job app for a Sr. App Developer. Hopefully that's a sign that something like MoM will get more love.

Edited by Joshuarleonard

Hmm, I think we may see a new expansion in 2021. This cash cow has more to milk, but I think they are staggering the dev cycle to 2 years. If you look at Lord of the Rings and TI4, the expansions are upwards of $99... so if the next expansion is a giant box expansion for $99, we'd all jump on it. Especially as it can tell more of a longer story than the other expansions, as Path of the Serpent was multi story, a big box with say a 10 game multi story would be something great to have.

So in short, expect bigger, better, but with a longer cadence for release.

On 8/13/2020 at 3:17 AM, Lipstickpaddy said:

as Path of the Serpent was multi story

Huh?

On 8/15/2020 at 3:34 AM, Bucho said:

Huh?

The 3 scenarios form a single story-line.