Blockade and The Sparr

By Ikaros, in 2. AGoT Rules Discussion

Hello everybody!
It's been a while since anyone's writing here, but I hope to have an answer anyway...

How do interact the plot Blockade with The Sparr (and other gold income modifiers)?

Let's say I have Blockade revealed. I also have The Sparr in play and I put Burned and Pillaged on my opponent's location. My opponent has in play Fallow Fields and a Roseroad .

So the plot income is reduced to zero, then all modifiers are applied? So my opponent count 1 gold ?

I'm pretty sure Fallow Fields , The Roseroad and Burned and Pillaged are counted after Blockade . My doubt is about The Sparr . Is he considered a "gold bonus" too? Is there any difference between "gold bonus" and "plot income bonus"?

Thank you very much!

Reference:

Blockade (plot): the income of each opponent's revealed Plot card is reduced to zero.

The Sparr (character): lower the income and initiative on each opponent's revealed plot card by 1.

Burned and Pillaged (attachment): attach to a location. Location gains (simbol) -1 gold and -1 initiative.

Fallow fields (location): (simbol) +2 gold and +2 influence

The Roseroad (location): (simbolo) +1 gold

Blockade.jpg

Burned and Pillaged.jpg

The Sparr.jpg

Fallow Fields - ITE.JPG

The Roseroad - ITE.JPG

The Sparr isn't a gold modifer; that's specifically cards with the gold symbol and a + or -.

Without going through the entire FAQ, I'd say they end up with two gold, though that's mostly based on it being more 'fair'.

Both Blockade and The Sparr modify the same thing; assuming that a plot can't have a negative value, they'll end up with 0 gold on the their plot regardless. They will then get +3 for their locations, and -1 for your attachment.

However as mentioned that's based on an assumption that your plot can't have a 'hidden' modifier from The Sparr that leaves their plot at -1 gold before they take into account their gold modifiers. A quick look through the rules/FAQ and I didn't see anything to confirm either way, so it could go either way; it might be worth going through the FAQ to see whether there is anything specific about how modifiers work if you are really looking for an answer.