Final Two FFG (Not Edge Entertainment) RPG Products - Fields of Victory and Blood of the Lioness

By sndwurks, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Roleplaying Game

Timestamp 30:30

Oh hey expanded mass battle rules who could have guessed

I am mildly disappointed that he didnt mention a Minor Clan when talking about the book...

I wouldn't worry too much - I'd love it if they had announced it too, but I would be very surprised if there weren't one in the book.

1. Finally if it means we are going to get revised rules for Mass Combat. Not actually advanced rules, but revised rules, that's what I am hoping.
  2. March 2021? 8 months? Seriously? What's the point of announcing a new product this soon anyway? I get it with the LCG because the cycle as a whole is announced but each expansion is released bit by bit.
1 hour ago, Diogo Salazar said:

March 2021? 8 months? Seriously? What's the point of announcing a new product this soon anyway? I get it with the LCG because the cycle as a whole is announced but each expansion is released bit by bit.

Probably to "clear the air" ahead of Edge taking over the RPGs.

Well, sure, but apparently EDGE already announced Writ of the Wild for later this year. Well, they will announce in 15 minutes, so let's see if they have any hard date.

10 minutes ago, Diogo Salazar said:

Well, sure, but apparently EDGE already announced Writ of the Wild for later this year. Well, they will announce in 15 minutes, so let's see if they have any hard date.

you mean in an hour. It is central time not eastern :)

8 hours ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

I am mildly disappointed that he didnt mention a Minor Clan when talking about the book...

Sam Stewart confirmed the Badger Clan for this Lion book.

The RPG talk was great I think. He confirmed that both L5R and GeneSYS will continue through Edge and there is some continuity to the creative teams including Sam himself. That's very encouraging. I wanted them to "clear the air" and they did. That said I'm still confused on whether we should be looking here for new product announcements after the Lion products or if we need to start following Edge's upcoming site? I wish that had answered that question, but maybe that's still up in the air.

22 minutes ago, phillos said:

The RPG talk was great I think. He confirmed that both L5R and GeneSYS will continue through Edge and there is some continuity to the creative teams including Sam himself. That's very encouraging. I wanted them to "clear the air" and they did. That said I'm still confused on whether we should be looking here for new product announcements after the Lion products or if we need to start following Edge's upcoming site? I wish that had answered that question, but maybe that's still up in the air.

He said they are going to have forums etcx on the edge website. but that it is a couple months away. Dragonfly is also the minor clan for Writ of the Wild. I assume all tha would be left clan book wise would be Scorpian right?

21 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

He said they are going to have forums etcx on the edge website. but that it is a couple months away. Dragonfly is also the minor clan for Writ of the Wild. I assume all tha would be left clan book wise would be Scorpian right?

No Scorpion and Unicorn. Scorpion will probably be law and crime, Unicorn might revisit gaijin, or maybe trade?

3 hours ago, phillos said:

That said I'm still confused on whether we should be looking here for new product announcements after the Lion products or if we need to start following Edge's upcoming site? I wish that had answered that question, but maybe that's still up in the air.

3 hours ago, Daeglan said:

He said they are going to have forums etcx on the edge website. but that it is a couple months away.

I was kind of hoping they would continue to operate this forum. I don't really like the idea of having to re-register a new account.

31 minutes ago, neilcell said:

I was kind of hoping they would continue to operate this forum. I don't really like the idea of having to re-register a new account.

It is possible they might export and n import the sub forums for the role playing forums.

I think if you have an account on FFG's website, it's tied to your Asmodee account, which should connect to Edge's upcoming forums.

3 hours ago, Swordbreaker said:

I think if you have an account on FFG's website, it's tied to your Asmodee account, which should connect to Edge's upcoming forums.

Probably. Hopefully they will copy over the contents to to new forums

Does Edge have a website to begin with ? I am glad that FFG is doing one last L5R book before it goes entirely to Edge

3 hours ago, Myrion said:

https://edge-studio.net/

Only this, so far.

And Sam said in his interview they are working on the full site but he does not kn I w when itnwill be up. Thisnone is a placeholder

OK so Edge is tied in with Asmodee/FFG, so when they do have a forum, what are the odds it will redirect to here ?

What I see so far even as a placeholder, it looks very good so far

Well, I believe it shares the same asmodee account that you have for everything asmodee, but I hope they will have the forums migrated to their website.

I would have rather they continued to keep all the L5R product announcements together here, but it is what it is I guess. I liked having one place to check for L5R material. I'm more happy just to know L5R RPG stuff will continue to be released.

16 hours ago, phillos said:

I would have rather they continued to keep all the L5R product announcements together here, but it is what it is I guess. I liked having one place to check for L5R material. I'm more happy just to know L5R RPG stuff will continue to be released.

I can't help but notice new L5R fictions seem to have stopped making it onto the front news page, though.

On 8/18/2020 at 3:32 AM, Magnus Grendel said:

I can't help but notice new L5R fictions seem to have stopped making it onto the front news page, though.

Yeah this has me worried that it's going to become confusing where to find new L5R materials. I certainly didn't know there was new L5R fictions. It's not like FFG's front page is swamped with articles right now so that's an odd choice.

My personal opinion is they should consider making brand front pages if Asmodee plans on splitting up products across their sub companies. I wonder if there is an L5R brand manager to pull all that together. I assume that would still be someone from the FFG team.

Edited by phillos