Storage

By Vince79, in The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth

I had a pretty nice system made out of one of those plastic hobby storage fishing tackle box things. Now I've got the new expansion, and I'm thinking I may have to get another box to handle the overflow. Or maybe even split up some of the characters and decks. Anyone else have plans or have changed their storage system with the new content?

I managed to fit all the content from the core and expansion into battlefoamโ€™s insert. Except for the map tiles, which I keep in the expansion box.

I was able to get everything into Eleven Tree's storage solution except for the Balrog. Depending on how difficult cramming everything into the one box makes setting up/tearing down the game, I might put my map tiles in the expansion box.

1 hour ago, Birdman137 said:

the Balrog.

I was able to grab a large Plano box and migrate all the enemies and tokens into it. I was okay with the outcome but not exactly happy as the larger tokens had to mix with the other large tokens. Then I saw the Balrog didn't make it in yet.... Durin's Bain strikes again!

I had to put the Balrog in with the mix of heroes to fit him in with the figs

Show off the Balrog on a shelf.

22 minutes ago, doubletapdaddy said:

Or have him guard the box. ๐Ÿ˜„

3 hours ago, doubletapdaddy said:

Yes, show off my unpainted fig ๐Ÿ˜…

I've been hoping my brother would paint them for me at some point lol

41 minutes ago, Thaeggan said:

Yes, show off my unpainted fig ๐Ÿ˜…

I've been hoping my brother would paint them for me at some point lol

Lol. My wife, my daughter and I have mostly everything painted... but nobody wants to touch the Balrog. ๐Ÿ˜…

3 hours ago, doubletapdaddy said:

Lol. My wife, my daughter and I have mostly everything painted... but nobody wants to touch the Balrog. ๐Ÿ˜…

Yeah, that's definitely intimidating. Someone over on the Board Game Geek forums did a nice little tutorial write-up for painting the Balrog if it's of any help.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2466291/how-paint-balrog

On 7/29/2020 at 2:32 PM, Thaeggan said:

I was able to grab a large Plano box and migrate all the enemies and tokens into it.

Plano, yeah that's what I've got, a Plano box. To be honest, I could probably cram all the new figures and cards in there if I really wanted to, but it would be stuffed to the gills. I'd have to be picking through things every time I needed to get a particular mini out. So getting another box seems like a better option for me. Not sure exactly how to reorganize things yet, but we'll see.

As for the Balrog, put him in the basement, that way he'll be down in the depths.