Marvel Adventures

By vmoss, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

Please share some of your gameplay experiences here.

Today: Iron Man leadership (MoE) vs klaw basics solo

Round 2: 2 big minions and 2 side schemes out.

Round 5: Advance 5 to 7 threats (out of 8)

Round 6: 2 hps left

Around Round 8: victory!

Thank you.

Edited by vmoss
vs

I had a pretty fun game the other night.

Protection Captain America VS Klaw expert

I revealed Caught off guard in the first round and lost Captain America’s Shield . Later in the game I was hit with Shadows of the Past and Zemo came out. Overall I was down to 1HP but managed to get back to full health and was able to finish off Zemo, a weapons runner and Klaw with a double Shield Toss .

It was probably the most fun I’ve had in a game yet.

Copied from the organized play post on BGG:

Just entered my first game (team leader: the Mightiest Avenger). The Wrecking Crew were no match for Thor, and are now safely returned to their power inhibitors, which no doubt shall never again be imperiled by a mere prison riot....

Btw, the form now has two entries for team leader, only the second of which lists Thor (I selected Spider-Man for the first, because he’s not on the team, sorry Spidey!)

Meanwhile in the city....Tony Stark, embroiled in business problems with a failing branch of his industries, discovers a hostile takeover by Oscorp is in the works, employing a criminal enterprise to speed things along!

Hoping to avert this move by Oscorp, Tony hires Jennifer Walters as legal counsel. Jennifer does battle in the courts, burying Osborn and his lawyers in an unending tide of paperwork, until he succumbs to a state of madness and reveals himself to be none other than the Green Goblin!

His plans for business domination may have been thwarted for now, but who knows what sinister machinations were in the works, just waiting to be revealed???

Later that night near the sleepy borough bordering the warehouse district, a lone figure approaches an unassuming storage building. The silence is shattered by a tremendous boom and the sudden wail of alarm klaxons, as none other than Aleksei Sytsevich, the Rhino, crashes through the solid brick walls only to find it filled to the brim with S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, led by none other than Captain Marvel herself!

The Rhino proves no match for Carol Danvers and is quickly subdued and interrogated. He reveals that he was only hired by Norman Osborn to provide a distraction, while the real plot is hatched in the heart of the city!

Having lost his mind entirely, Osborn, nay, the Green Goblin, has begun the vile process of transforming the entire city into mutants, starting with Stark Tower! As luck would have it, the King of Wakanda had just arrived for a meeting, and springs into action to foil the terrible scheme before it can get underway.

Enraged at being stopped yet again, the Goblin plays his last card, and sends out a secret activation code before being captured...

Across the country, in Oscorp holdings, lights begin activating, and gears whir as long dormant machinery stirs back to restless life, ready to extinguish all of humanity. In his madness, Norman Osborn has done the unthinkable, and restored Ultron to working order!

Within seconds, Ultron has formulated a plan. He proceeds with all haste to the main bunker at NORAD, intent on taking control of the nuclear weapons to eradicate humanity once and for all! The forces stationed there are caught by surprise, and only just barely manage to send out a desperate plea for assistance...but with the Avengers all in New York, none can possibly reach the base before it falls into Ultron’s hands...is this the end for human kind?!

No! With a loud popping sound, aspiring Avenger Ms. Marvel and her fellow Champion Red Dagger stand directly in Ultron’s path, all thanks to her faithful Inhuman companion, the giant teleporting dog, Lockjaw! Ms. Marvel and Red Dagger thwart Ultron at every turn, destroying his drones and finally deactivating him, saving all of humanity from a terrible nuclear apocalypse, all before curfew.

Although the crisis has been averted, Tony Stark believes he knows who stole and supplied Ultron to Norman Osborn in the first place, and flies off in a blind rage; he kicks down the door to Ulysses Klaw’s supposedly secret lair with one plan: Attack.

This brashness almost proves the end for Tony, as Klaw is not alone, he has enlisted the aid of Electro, and also a foe from Tony’s past, Whiplash! Unfortunately for the fearsome trio, but fortunately for us, dear readers, even an unprepared Iron Man is still Iron Man. Tony subdues the three and demands answers. The Immortal Klaw won’t be so easily intimidated, and disperses himself into pure sound and escapes!

Klaw may have escaped, but he was forced to leave his equipment and records behind. In reviewing those files, the Avengers discover that not only had Klaw supplied Osborn with Ultron, but at the direction of other clients, one to whom he had just shipped more Vibranium tools to break free from the prison in which they were being held. And those responsible for both hiring Klaw, and all the events that unfolded, were none other than the insidious Wrecking Crew!

Although with this much forewarning, they could easily stop yet another attempted prison break, the Avengers realize they must first seek out by what method the Crew has been communicating outside the prison, and so decide on a more subtle course of action. And so, on the day of scheduled break and riot, a new prisoner is placed into the superhuman cell block....

Prisoner 317634 had proved crucial to the initial escape, disabling the locks and distracting the guards who weren’t bought off yet....and yet, something about the whole situation was bothering Thunderball. 31 had been just a bit too inquisitive about their scheme, and kept prying about who was involved, and had asked them over and over to describe how they’d paid off the guards and even the Warden. Wrecker’s ego couldn’t get enough of retelling the story, and going into what a fool Thor was for thinking that their last breakout was a real attempt, instead of a probe to test the response time of the Avengers, and to make them think it that everything was under control. Wrecker couldn’t wait to get revenge on Thor, and so kept running his mouth.

At first, Thunderball would have thought it was just the interest of a wannabe criminal mastermind, but then 31 had been nowhere to be found when Wrecker went down in the cafeteria, and once again somehow escaped when Piledriver was tasered by guards in an ambush, but the last straw was when Dozer crashed through a wall that 31 had claimed was the retaining wall, only to find himself trapped in a new power restraint field.

Thunderball whirled around to attack 31, only to find she wasn’t there anymore. The last thing he heard before losing consciousness was the sound of Black Widow’s bracelets charging from behind him....

Tonight, Ironman aggression solo vs taskmaster. Drew 3 straight captured by hydra in the same round.

In round 6, victory through 2 supersonic punches (with aerial).

I tried out Spider Woman using Prot and Lead to abuse the signature Captain Marvel ally. Used Prot cards to heal and stun. Lead cards to over clock the ally. I just stayed in hero form the whole time, usually with 3 in every stat. There are some issues if ally not drawn, but with Tackle, her native stun card, and the heal cards from Prot, plus the typical Maria Hill recycling From Lead... it was a comfortable wait.

so yeah, that was a flexible strategy to approach the Rise campaign for the first time and the most fun I’ve had deck brewing since the game was released.

Spiderman Aggression Basic quick KO of Crossbones.

Lucky draws:

R1: SWK and Hulk

R2 SWK and Hulk (wild=6pts damage 3+2+1)!