Arkham Nights 2020

By Duciris, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

I have given up on there being an Arkham Nights this year.

I really want it, but if it happened I'd probably just stop in, pick up the loot, purchase any presale item(s), and leave.

Truly these are the end of days.

Edited by Duciris
Can't spell

Same with Invocation events. I suspect that the print-and-play Daisy Walker cards were going to be the Invocation offering. I believe that they mentioned at AN last year that there would be 7 cards given to us. If I counted correctly, it looks like there are 7 new Daisy cards in that file.

1 hour ago, MGlas1 said:

Same with Invocation events. I suspect that the print-and-play Daisy Walker cards were going to be the Invocation offering. I believe that they mentioned at AN last year that there would be 7 cards given to us. If I counted correctly, it looks like there are 7 new Daisy cards in that file.

A reasonable assumption, though that would be the second Invocation with alternate Daisy cards.

Sunday the 2nd has a Community Create-A-Card event (@ 4PM CDT via Twitch). I take this as another nail in the coffin for Arkham Nights 2020.

gencon2020_schedule.jpg

And there it is.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2020/8/24/august-covid-update/

Events on hiatus:

These events are not being planned for the foreseeable future. Our current intention is to bring these events back once we feel it is safe and responsible to do so. We will notify players once these events are brought back.

• Prime Championships
  • Continental Championships
  • World Championships
  • System Opens
  • Vault Tours
  • Kotei Series
  • Arkham Nights
  • Fellowship Event

Not surprised and I think it's the right call but I am still really sad about it being cancelled. Wonder if there will be a stand alone scenario released that we would have gotten at the Arkham Nights event.

58 minutes ago, Steeljaw said:

Not surprised and I think it's the right call but I am still really sad about it being cancelled. Wonder if there will be a stand alone scenario released that we would have gotten at the Arkham Nights event.

I'm 98% sure that's what War of the Outer Gods is. Should see it Dec-Feb. Epic-multiplayer scenario where you contend with 3 waring cults.

I too believe it to be the right thing to do, just sad as it's 1 more thing taken from normalcy.

Yeah, I think in the GenCon In-Flight Report they said that War of the Outer Gods was going to be the GenCon/Arkham Nights scenario.

...no mention of Invocations being suspended, though given I don't think we got one in 2019 I suspect they may have been purged already :(

On 8/24/2020 at 11:17 AM, Duciris said:

I know. We had actually planned to go this year too. I understand, of course, just sad. I wish there was some way to sign up for an online version. Still get the goodie bag and play something virtually...

18 hours ago, Mimi61 said:

I know. We had actually planned to go this year too. I understand, of course, just sad. I wish there was some way to sign up for an online version. Still get the goodie bag and play something virtually...

Same here. I live a few hours away and have attended the last 6 years, so I'm really going to miss this year. Especially since I go with a good friend who lives in the Twin Cities that I rarely get to see otherwise. A virtual con would be a lot of fun, even if it didn't completely 'fill the gap'.

1 hour ago, KBlumhardt said:

Same here. I live a few hours away and have attended the last 6 years, so I'm really going to miss this year. Especially since I go with a good friend who lives in the Twin Cities that I rarely get to see otherwise. A virtual con would be a lot of fun, even if it didn't completely 'fill the gap'.

Lucky you! We live states away and were going to make a little mini vacay out of it.
But virtual would be better than nothing and I’m sure people would participate. Tough to pull off maybe. I’ve never been, so I’m not sure what all goes down!

Edited by Mimi61