Web and provoke ennemies

By Narsir, in The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth

Hi everyone,

I need clarification on the sequence of steps when a hero tries to leave a web area containing enemies please.
Is one trying to leave the web before provoking or after?

Thank you for your answer.

On 7/20/2020 at 11:48 AM, Narsir said:

Hi everyone,

I need clarification on the sequence of steps when a hero tries to leave a web area containing enemies please.
Is one trying to leave the web before provoking or after?

Thank you for your answer.

Hi Narsir,

Not sure about this one to be honest. Reference guide on point 71.3 says "Enemies are provoked in this way if the hero is interacting with a component in that space either through an interact action or because of a game effect that allows them to do so."

What might suggest that any time you are performing an action in front of an enemy he is compelled to attack because you are bringing his attention somehow. So maybe any time you try to free your self enemies are provoked before hand.

If I imagine myself trapped on a web make sense that if I deviate my attention from the enemy and I start cutting the filaments the enemy might think "he is with the guard low, I am going to attack". But if you are looking eye to eye to a goblin with sword in hand they might think twice before engaging and they will only do so during their turn.

Does it makes sense?

Thank you Charleesatch, it makes sense and it was what I thought.