Spacetrooper Stats

By P-47 Thunderbolt, in Game Masters

I was skimming AaA and when I got to the stormtrooper section I remembered the old Legends spacetroopers. I thought they might come in handy some day, so I figured I'd try to stat it and look for some input from you fine people.

I'm talking about the Legends Zero-G Assault Stormtroopers , not the stormtroopers with rebreathers. In a situation where I use the zeegees I might use the regular stormtroopers as backup. I'd simply use the normal stormtrooper stats, but adding space-relevant stuff.

As for the big boys, here's a first draft. I chunked everything together for ease, but I'll separate the armor out later in this post. The complicated thing about this adversary is that it is a mix of vehicle and person.

Zero-G Assault Stormtroopers: 432231 Soak 9, WT 17, System Strain Threshold 4, Ranged/Melee Defense 1/1.
Skills: Athletics 3, Discipline 2, Mechanics 2, Piloting (Space) 2, Resilience 2, Vigilance 1, Brawl 2, Ranged (Heavy) 3, Gunnery 3, Knowledge (Warfare) 2.
Talents: Adversary 2.
Abilities: Spacesuit: Operates normally in vacuum and zero gravity.
Equipment: Fusion Cutter, Light Repeating Blaster, Jetpack (Speed 2, Handling 0), Twin Shoulder-Mounted Grenade Launchers (Gunnery; As Ammo; As Ammo; Medium; Limited Ammo 6, Linked 1, +Ammo), Miniature Proton Torpedo Hurler (Gunnery; 20; 2; Medium; Blast 15 [Short], Breach 3, Guided 1, Limited Ammo 1, Vicious 4).

Zero-G Assault Stormtrooper Armor: Soak +4, Defense 1/1, increases Brawn by 1 and Athletics by 1.
I'm not entirely sure how to write out the stats for this, so it won't look like something out of the rulebooks. I'll just describe it:
The armor allows the wearer to operate in vacuum and has an integrated jetpack with a speed of 2 and a handling of 0. The armor is sort of like a vehicle unto itself, which makes statting this particular adversary complicated. To that end, I'm giving it a system strain threshold of 4. This is affected by Ion weapons as per usual, but is also affected by the use of the jetpack. So if the armor takes 5 system strain, not only is the jetpack down, but the armor suit becomes inoperable and immobile. As per usual, a Damage Control check can get it up and running again.

The armor includes all of the items listed under "equipment" as built-in to the suit.

The armor is made to interface with stormtrooper armor, and anyone not using stormtrooper armor increases the difficulty of all Brawn and Agility checks (except Resilience) by 1. Because it is made to interface with stormtrooper armor, I'm including the Soak from stormtrooper armor in the statblock (I know that technically violates the rules against armor stacking).

The armor includes a self-destruct mechanism that can be triggered at any time by a conscious occupant, dealing 20 damage to everything within Short range.

This armor isn't really intended for PC use, and thus is a bit complicated and messy, but what do you think about the stats for both the adversary and the armor?