Leebo and Two Calc Tokens

By JBFancourt, in X-Wing Rules Questions

If Leebo has 2 Calc tokens and spends both on a defense/attack roll, does he get 2 back or 1?

latest?cb=20180914003230

Only one. Although tokens are spent individually, the opportunity is after defending/performing an attack, so you'd only get one back.

Okay, thx! Thatโ€™s what my opponent said too ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

@theBitterFig is 100% right.

this is a classic case of once per opportunity.

Screenshot-2020-07-12-at-23-23-14.png

1 hour ago, meffo said:

this is a classic case of once per opportunity.

Yep. The trick here is understanding what the opportunity is.

Contrast something like Lieutenant Tavson or Darth Vader, where you get multiple opportunities.

The confusion was not OPO. I knew that to be only once.

It was the second conditional clause. I was reading into it โ€œ... for each calculate token you spent, gain oneโ€.

Which of course, isnโ€™t correct, but would not have violated OPO. ๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ‘

Part of my confusion was watching a Hexiled game were I thought it was treated this way. Upon reflection, Iโ€™m not even sure it was or just misunderstood.

Edited by JBFancourt

I'm kind of disappointed they took away the C-3PO + Leebo combo. It didn't seem all that oppressive to me, to be honest... it's just when you paired it with Han gunner, plus Jan Orz, prior to the "Han ALWAYS shoots first" ruling, that it got all kinds of stupid. :D

3 minutes ago, emeraldbeacon said:

I'm kind of disappointed they took away the C-3PO + Leebo combo. It didn't seem all that oppressive to me, to be honest... it's just when you paired it with Han gunner, plus Jan Orz, prior to the "Han ALWAYS shoots first" ruling, that it got all kinds of stupid. :D

I feel the same. Just the 'Han always shoots first' ruling would probably have brought Leebo+3PO into reasonable power level.

I just wish so bad I could fly the yt 2400!

13 hours ago, emeraldbeacon said:

Honestly, I want them to allow it for a season to test how strong it is. With no Extended organized play foreseeable in the second half of the year, now might be the best time to try it out.

6 hours ago, 5050Saint said:

Honestly, I want them to allow it for a season to test how strong it is. With no Extended organized play foreseeable in the second half of the year, now might be the best time to try it out.

It's the particular combination of those two droids that synergize so amazingly well together. Every time you defend, you spend one calculate and guess 1 evade result... the math pans out that you'll either get exactly 1 and earn a second, or outright roll two, about 58% of the time. Then, win or lose, you always get your calculate token back for the next shot. And, since you attack at Init-3, you're probably firing close to last, so go ahead and use those calc tokens on offense.

It's... potent.

latest?cb=20180731225153

14 hours ago, emeraldbeacon said:

It's... potent.

Definitely. At 89 points in your list, he better be. But the ship need some love. Either drop Leebo's cost a little or raise it and give him crew back.

6 hours ago, 5050Saint said:

Definitely. At 89 points in your list, he better be. But the ship need some love. Either drop Leebo's cost a little or raise it and give him crew back.

Frankly, almost every large-base ship in the game (save maybe Nom Lumb) is overcosted right now, to SOME degree. They could all use some love. :)

I actually am comfortable with RAC right now. But just him... gaining offense off of a reinforce turns out to be good

16 hours ago, JBFancourt said:

I actually am comfortable with RAC right now. But just him... gaining offense off of a reinforce turns out to be good

RAC was the closest comparison to C-3PLeebO that I could think of. He has a defensive mod with a punchy pseudo-calculate for offense. However, C-3PLeebO might be stronger than that. His defensive mod can completely block attack instead of reducing by 1, and he has a 4 die primary most of the time. But as a counter argument to that, RAC has double the health and a higher initiative for 76 point while C-3PLeebO cost 89.

19 minutes ago, 5050Saint said:

RAC was the closest comparison to C-3PLeebO that I could think of. He has a defensive mod with a punchy pseudo-calculate for offense. However, C-3PLeebO might be stronger than that. His defensive mod can completely block attack instead of reducing by 1, and he has a 4 die primary most of the time. But as a counter argument to that, RAC has double the health and a higher initiative for 76 point while C-3PLeebO cost 89.

That sounds like a good comparison, I think around 13 points for +1 atk on a turret is in the ballpark of fair. (Maybe a couple more points)

The flipside of course to 'sometimes you block all the damage' is that also sometimes you block none of the damage, maybe not as often but it is a real risk to be considered in competitive play.

19 hours ago, emeraldbeacon said:

Frankly, almost every large-base ship in the game (save maybe Nom Lumb) is overcosted right now, to SOME degree. They could all use some love. :)

Eh yes and no. I get they have to be careful tho. If they are too cheap they can really ruin the dynamic of the game. The 2400 is for sure overpriced though. But some of them are cheaper than some small ship aces.