Repulsive vehicle movement and tank height?

By drail14me, in Rules

Im building some terrain and plan to use some terrain to limit where the Saber and AAT can go.

“While performing a standard move, a repulsor vehicle mini can move onto or over a piece of a terrain that has a height that is equal to or less than the height of the unit leader’s mini”

So, tanks can cross terrain equal to their height?

How tall are the AAT and Saber? The only dimensions I can find online are for the box.

Edited by drail14me
11 minutes ago, drail14me said:

“While performing a standard move, a repulsor vehicle mini can move onto or over a piece of a terrain that has a height that is equal to or less than the height of the unit leader’s mini”

So, tanks can cross terrain half their height.

???

How did you read the quoted section and then type the next sentence?

24 minutes ago, arnoldrew said:

???

How did you read the quoted section and then type the next sentence?

With my eyes and fingers? I’m missing the point of your question?

Edited to add... ok, I see now. So tanks can move over terrain equal to or less than their height.

Edited by drail14me

Not TANKS... Repulsor vehicles. The imperial tank (or AT-ST) doesn't follow that rule.

And let me tell you, the AAT is very tall.

i had to find out this info for some terrain that i am building, off the top of my head (not at home) the Saber is 90mm tall and the AAT is 120mm tall both including the antenna and give or take a few mm depending on how they glued the base and stand on

Pretty sure designing terrain to block certain models is a poor sport thing to do

3 minutes ago, Steelgolem said:

Pretty sure designing terrain to block certain models is a poor sport thing to do

To be fair, if terrain blocks the movement of the AAT it will block the movement of any non-speeder.

But not when drail4me says that the terrain will specifically block, and it’s a lot easier to block the big tanks since there base is so huge

Edited by Steelgolem
8 hours ago, Lochlan said:

To be fair, if terrain blocks the movement of the AAT it will block the movement of any non-speeder.

You are correct. I asked specifically about the Saber and AAT because I don’t Personally have them to measure myself.

8 hours ago, Steelgolem said:

Pretty sure there’s terrain on every table that blocks the movement of tanks.

The imperial tank, sure, but at my club's tables there's pretty much no element that can block an AAT iirc. The damned thing is just too tall with it's antenna and it's hoovering... On the other hand the Occupator cannot climb on top of anything, so it gets impeded by pretty much every single element of terrain, which in turn blocks it's vision. It makes it, in my opinion, mostly useless, specially considering it costs nearly as many points as the others.

On 7/25/2020 at 10:41 PM, Steelgolem said:

And here is what I was building... Never once did I see a Saber or AAT go OVER the plant life on Felucia my intention was to make sure the plants were tall enough for the rules as written PVL23kb.jpg KdilJaD.jpg 5pQTvPo.jpg

wow those look beatiful!

Edited by SailorMeni

So drail14me your design blocks the large tanks from getting close to the middle of the board ? The board should allow free movement for all units . A pretty board is one thing but to use in a game or tournament game then it also has to be functional and fair, that was one of the bigger complaints I believe in the last invader league with the terrain.

31 minutes ago, Steelgolem said:

So drail14me your design blocks the large tanks from getting close to the middle of the board ? The board should allow free movement for all units . A pretty board is one thing but to use in a game or tournament game then it also has to be functional and fair, that was one of the bigger complaints I believe in the last invader league with the terrain.

All table have terrain that restricts free movement. Terrain is part of the puzzle that must be solved to achieve the objectives. No complaints from all that played on it this weekend and no issues with vehicles. And being this is our own store league, we can do what we want. We had fun and that’s all that matters.

I've always felt that more terrain makes the game more enjoyable, it makes closer ranged units more viable whilst not completely ruining longer ranged ones. Getting an AAT to lock down a critical alleyway can be game changing, but so can sneaking a squad or two of fleets round to the objective before they get vapourised. I feel that Legion was made to be played on more tight and claustrophobic boards and the game really shines when played like this.

Fantastic board btw, I'm very jealous of your terrain making skills...

Edited by Atromix
I said shores when I meant fleets...?
11 hours ago, Atromix said:

I've always felt that more terrain makes the game more enjoyable, it makes closer ranged units more viable whilst not completely ruining longer ranged ones. Getting an AAT to lock down a critical alleyway can be game changing, but so can sneaking a squad or two of fleets round to the objective before they get vapourised. I feel that Legion was made to be played on more tight and claustrophobic boards and the game really shines when played like this.

Fantastic board btw, I'm very jealous of your terrain making skills...

I agree. A board that offers a challenge and a place for all unit use is a wonderful thing. Even a board that encourages the use of uncommon upgrades.

Thanks for the compliment but no skill here. I’ve only been doing tabletop for about two years. I simply watched some “how to” videos and decided to give it a try. Highly recommend model railroad scenery videos. Tons of them.