Arkham Horror LCG Card Count

By Phaed, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

Does anyone know how many total cards are in this game, including all expansions, one-offs, novellas, upcoming investigator starter decks, and Innsmouth? I am looking to buy a large storage case and need to know how much room i will need.

Phaed

I don’t have an exact count, but approximately:

• Core Set = 234 cards (x2 for second Core Set = 468 cards).
  • Cycle (using The Dunwich Legacy ) = 156 (Deluxe) + 60x6 (Mythos packs) = 516 Cards => 6 Cycles = 3096 Cards.
  • Return To... = 66 Cards ( Night of the Zealot ) + 81 Cards (others?) = 309 Cards.
  • PoD Stand-alone = 62 Cards => 124 Cards ( Rougarou + Carnevale ).
  • Stand-alone = 78 Cards => 312 Cards.
  • Novellas = 3 Cards => 18 Cards.
  • Starter Decks = 60 Cards => 300 Cards.
  • Barkham = ??? Cards.

That’s a grand total of 4,627 cards, assuming two Core Sets, all of the Innsmouth Conspiracy , Return to The Forgotten Age but excluding Barkham. Hopefully I’ve got everything!

1 minute ago, Assussanni said:

I don’t have an exact count, but approximately:

• Core Set = 234 cards (x2 for second Core Set = 468 cards).
  • Cycle (using The Dunwich Legacy ) = 156 (Deluxe) + 60x6 (Mythos packs) = 516 Cards => 6 Cycles = 3096 Cards.
  • Return To... = 66 Cards ( Night of the Zealot ) + 81 Cards (others?) = 309 Cards.
  • PoD Stand-alone = 62 Cards => 124 Cards ( Rougarou + Carnevale ).
  • Stand-alone = 78 Cards => 312 Cards.
  • Novellas = 3 Cards => 18 Cards.
  • Starter Decks = 60 Cards => 300 Cards.
  • Barkham = ??? Cards.

That’s a grand total of 4,627 cards, assuming two Core Sets, all of the Innsmouth Conspiracy , Return to The Forgotten Age but excluding Barkham. Hopefully I’ve got everything!

We’re gonna need a bigger boat.

this will probably require 2 cases for future proofing.

thanks so much!

Alright, question 2:

is there a quality lockable (clasps ok) case that will hold 5-6k cards? Best I can find is 3k

Is there a reason why you want everything in one place? I also started down the large storage box approach but realised that it isn't that practical in the long run. Not only does it get heavy (especially if you sleeve everything), but you also can't browse player cards easily. I now have a mix of storage devices. I have all player cards in binders (one per class), my old large storage box contains cycles that I am not actively playing and I have a lockable portable case (from kakapopoTCG) that contains the core set (plus Return to NoTZ),, current campaign (which is TFA), two current player decks, tokens, chaos bag, chaos tokens (in coin capsules), and a standalone scenario (Murder at the Excelsior Hotel). This makes anything I am playing easy to get to (and travel with, when that was a thing).

I agree. It really makes things easier to have player and scenario cards in separate places. Also, if you play at places other than your home, a small box to take along just what you need for the next scenario is great.

Has anyone done a calculation as to how much $$ that costs to sleeve each card? Some of mine are starting to show age and want to extend their lifespan...but have a feeling that's another $1k in card sleeves lol

Hm. Cheapest sleeves I can find with some quick googling are around 2 cents a piece. They are ****, though, from the customer reviews. Good sleeves are considerably more expensive.

4 hours ago, Krysmopompas said:

Has anyone done a calculation as to how much $$ that costs to sleeve each card? Some of mine are starting to show age and want to extend their lifespan...but have a feeling that's another $1k in card sleeves lol

Depends on how many of the cards you sleeve. I only keep encounter cards sleeved along with player cards that are currently in use (so no acts, agendas, locations, etc.). Other player cards live in a binder.

If you wanted to resleeve every card in an entire collection then the cheapest decent quality sleeves I know of come in at €1.25 for 50, or €0.025 per card. So that’s about €115, or $130 / £105 at current exchange rates.

4 hours ago, Krysmopompas said:

So sleeves come in packs of 50. So you need 93 sleeve packs to sleeve all of the cards.

93 x Cost per Sleeve Pack

93 x FFG Sleeves $2.99 = $278.07 +tax+shipping (yes, I know FFG stopped selling sleeves but this is an example)

I'll also add that I don't think it's necessary to sleeve everything.

There are many player cards that my group has never used. Real binder fodder. So, if you don't mind some extra work, get sleeves for scenario cards plus enough sleeves to sleeve one deck per player and some extras and you should be fine. You sleeve your deck at the beginning of a campaign, the rest of the cards go into storage, they'll be fine.

I used the Titanshield inner sleeves for the cards. Thicker than cheap penny sleeves. I’m happy with them. $20/1,000.

I use UltraPro penny sleeves, mainly for overhand shuffling and a modicum of protection. They're not great and sometimes crinkle in the corner when I slip them into the binders, but they do what I want cheaply. I only sleeve player cards and one-sided encounter cards. Those are the ones that get handled and shuffled.

Edited by CSerpent

Ok so after doing some thinking and reading suggestions here, I think I’ll go with multiple storage devices. One for campaigns and one for player cards. This makes sense to me. I already have a travel case big enough to fit a cycle for travel, so I thank you all for the suggestions and answers :)

Phaed

One thing I would love is for FFG to make empty player card boxes the same quality as its 'Return to...' boxes, one for each class, with illustrations of some of the cards on the outside.

someone said FFG doesn't make sleeves anymore? or is that sell sleeves? the colour-coded ones on the back of each product is what I usually try to get

3 hours ago, Krysmopompas said:

someone said FFG doesn't make sleeves anymore? or is that sell sleeves? the colour-coded ones on the back of each product is what I usually try to get

I believe that is correct. Gamegenic appear to have taken over sleeve production for Asmodee companies. There still seems to be stock available online at the moment.

Unfortunately the outer dimensions of the Gamegenic sleeves are different to the FFG ones, so they’re incompatible if you already have your collection sleeved.

On 7/19/2020 at 7:48 AM, Leematon said:

One thing I would love is for FFG to make empty player card boxes the same quality as its 'Return to...' boxes, one for each class, with illustrations of some of the cards on the outside.

They do make generic card boxes, which are shorter than the Return to Boxes, and feature card art on the outside.

These are given away as promo items at Organised Play events. Here is a little video:

https://youtu.be/MacRxop2bvo?t=117

16 hours ago, ArkhamChronicle said:

They do make generic card boxes, which are shorter than the Return to Boxes, and feature card art on the outside.

These are given away as promo items at Organised Play events. Here is a little video:

https://youtu.be/MacRxop2bvo?t=117

If you can’t make it to a player event, can you still get these?

People put them up on eBay or offer them for trade or give them away in competitions every so often.