Resistance Chewbacca Crew

By 5050Saint, in X-Wing Rules Questions

For reference:

latest?cb=20181003190011 300?cb=20181213143953

Does Chewbacca gain a charge for each damage card dealt? From what I remember on how Lt. Tavson has been ruled, each damage dealt is a separate instance, and Tavson can spend a charge to perform an action for each damage. Does the same apply to Resistance Chewbacca crew?

That is how I played it last night, but I want some validation.

Yep. 1 charge per damage card. Damage is always suffered, or cards dealt, one at a time.

Could Resistance Chewbacca trigger off of the initial "Explosion with Wings" ship effect of the Fireball, during the Setup phase? I.e. deploy everything, removing a charge from Chewbacca, then dealing a damage card to your Fireball to recharge Chewie up to full?

latest?cb=20200115194626

Edited by emeraldbeacon

Perhaps. It kinda goes back to the question I asked in that other thread, "when does Explosion with Wings' happenin the setup phase?". If it happens after the place forces step, then yes, Chewbacca gets a charge. If it happen during the place forces step when a ship is put down, then the Chewie carrier has to go down first, as it has a range requirement of 0-3, and ship not placed is not 0-3. If it happens before placing forces, Chewie doesn't trigger for the same range restrictions reason.

Curiously, Bucket could take Chewbacca as crew and immediately get that charge, is EWW happens at anypoint during setup.

I know the question showed up onhere earlier, specifically Chewbacca plus EWW. R1-J5 can equip Chewie himself.

IIRC, there's no conclusive answer. I think I lean more towards the combo working, depending on initiative.

Any Fireball will recover Chewie's charge if it is placed within range 3 of Chewie's ship, regardless of initiative. Explosion with Wings cannot be resolved until Step 6 of setup (after the damage deck is shuffled and placed) and this is after all ships have been placed (Step 5).

18 minutes ago, Maui. said:

Any Fireball will recover Chewie's charge if it is placed within range 3 of Chewie's ship, regardless of initiative. Explosion with Wings cannot be resolved until Step 6 of setup (after the damage deck is shuffled and placed) and this is after all ships have been placed (Step 5).

This makes the most sense to me.