Rex Padme & The Tank

By bumbleb1492, in Army Building

With the soon release of padme(hopefully) I have been brewing once more trying to add her to a tank list as a token generator and an easy way to keep feeding orders to the tank. So far the list looks somthing like this. Any feedback on this list to make it better and how do you guys plan on running padme?

791/800

Clone Captain Rex (90 + 12 = 102)
--Aggressive Tactics (10), Recon Intel (2)

R2-D2 (35 + 0 = 35)

Padme Amidala (90 + 0 = 90)

Phase I Clone Troopers (52 + 25 = 77)
--Z-6 Phase I Trooper (25)

Phase I Clone Troopers (52 + 25 = 77)
--Z-6 Phase I Trooper (25)

Phase I Clone Troopers (52 + 30 = 82)
--DC-15 Phase I Trooper (30)

Phase I Clone Troopers (52 + 30 = 82)
--DC-15 Phase I Trooper (30)

Phase I Clone Troopers (52 + 0 = 52)

TX-130 Saber-Class Fighter Tank (170 + 24 = 194)
--Aayla Secura (5), TX-130 Twin Laser Turret (14), Linked Targeting Array (5)

Commands:
Call Me Captain (1), Our Fate is in Your Hands (1), Take That, Clankers! (2), Aggressive Negotiations (2), Were Not Programmed (3), Diplomatic Cover (3), Standing Orders (4)

Deployments: Major Offensive, The Long March, Hemmed In, Roll Out
Objectives: Hostage Exchange, Payload, Key Positions, Intercept the Transmissions
Conditions: Clear Conditions, Fortified Positions, Supply Drop, Minefield

Edited by bumbleb1492

Do you take Aayla for the Inspire 2? Are you able to get the commands on the tank? None of their Command cards are generic enough to issue commands to the Tank. (they all specify Troopers )

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but that's why I've never taken the Linked Targeting Array on the clone units yet.

I was just thinking you could shave some points that way or get the clone trooper pilot. Sometimes with him and the High Energy bolts and HQ uplink you'll actually want to "borrow" tokens, and Recover to use all your stuff each turn.

37 minutes ago, buckero0 said:

Do you take Aayla for the Inspire 2? Are you able to get the commands on the tank? None of their Command cards are generic enough to issue commands to the Tank. (they all specify Troopers )

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but that's why I've never taken the Linked Targeting Array on the clone units yet.

I was just thinking you could shave some points that way or get the clone trooper pilot. Sometimes with him and the High Energy bolts and HQ uplink you'll actually want to "borrow" tokens, and Recover to use all your stuff each turn.

Padme's Authoritative ability means she has a built-in Comms Relay, so any orders given to her can be relayed to the tank. And since she can share green tokens with the tank as well (which the OP stated as their intent), she should always be near it anyway.

53 minutes ago, buckero0 said:

Yes I took aayla to try and keep suppression off the phase 1's with inspire 2. Padme also gets a built in comms relay so all of her cards and rex's 2 pip can all issue orders to the tank.

If you are bringing R2 already, you could consider giving him comms relay to give yourself another avenue to feed orders to your tank if Padme dies. I don't personally like the Z6, but if you dropped your DC-15's for them you could make it work. Not sure it's worth the trade off, but ymmv.

For myself, I intend to run Padme with Rex and an infantry focused list- 3 phase 2's and ideally 3 phase 1's. Once Arcs release I will switch over to 3 phase 2's, 2 phase 1's, and 3 strike teams. I'm planning to keep the tank in reserve for grand army games where I intend to use something much like your setup here.

Out of curiosity, @Alpharaider47 why do you like the Phase II more than the Phase 1 troops?

How do you kit your units?

On 7/18/2020 at 9:10 PM, buckero0 said:

Out of curiosity, @Alpharaider47 why do you like the Phase II more than the Phase 1 troops?

How do you kit your units?

The main upside of phase 2's is for 2 measly points you get an additional courage and reliable 1 making them very effective. The usual loudout for them is Z-6 and some training with overwatch and offensive push being the popular options.

6 hours ago, bumbleb1492 said:

The main upside of phase 2's is for 2 measly points you get an additional courage and reliable 1 making them very effective. The usual loudout for them is Z-6 and some training with overwatch and offensive push being the popular options.

2pts per model, not 2 measly points

That's a minimum of 12more points a unit over the Phase I (weapon/models' cost and training)

I think the courage bump was undercosted, but that's just me.