Question about being Tractored

By muzhyou, in X-Wing Rules Questions

If a ship is tractored in a round, and an effect causes it fails to remove the Tractor tokens at the End Phase, will it be moved by the opponent next round?

If it will, then when will it be moved by the opponent? The Planning Phase?

26 minutes ago, muzhyou said:

If a ship is tractored in a round, and an effect causes it fails to remove the Tractor tokens at the End Phase, will it be moved by the opponent next round?

If it will, then when will it be moved by the opponent? The Planning Phase?

no. normally it will remove all round tokens. this is a mandatory effect. some abilities (ketsu onyo crew) may make the ship keep the tokens.

in that case, the ship will continue to be tractored. since it cannot become tractored as long as long as it is tractored, it will not suffer the effects of becoming tractored again.

thus, a ship keeping the tractor tokens it needs to be tractored will not be moved by the effect of becoming tractored, no.

In practice:

Against a small ship, something like Ketsu only means the ship keeps the -1 green dice debuff.

Against a medium or large ship, Ketsu saving a token makes it easier to reach the total number of tractor tokens needed for it to be come tractored, to move a ship (2 for a Medium, 3 for a Large).

@meffo is correct that something doesn't get moved again, and even cannot be moved again if it still is Tractored.

For the rules reference..
RR pg 20

A ship is tractored while it has equal to or greater than a specific number of tractor tokens, according to its size:

and...

The first time a ship becomes tractored each round, the player whose effect applied the tractor token may choose one of the following effects:

To piggyback on @Lyianx , it helps me to remember that the word Tractored is (for the purposes of X-Wing) an adjective , and not a past-tense verb . While casual conversation does frequently use the term "Tractored" as a verb (e.g. "I tractored his ship onto the asteroid"), its proper use in X-Wing is to describe a ship's status (e.g. "when I put the second tractor token on his U-Wing, it became Tractored").

On 7/7/2020 at 8:54 PM, emeraldbeacon said:

To piggyback on @Lyianx , it helps me to remember that the word Tractored is (for the purposes of X-Wing) an adjective , and not a past-tense verb . While casual conversation does frequently use the term "Tractored" as a verb (e.g. "I tractored his ship onto the asteroid"), its proper use in X-Wing is to describe a ship's status (e.g. "when I put the second tractor token on his U-Wing, it became Tractored").

Same can be said when someone is 'stunned'. :)