CIS vs Empire Grand Army battle

By Darth Sanguis, in Battle Reports

Had a grand army match on Sunday.

We had Intercept the Transmissions, Danger Close, and Resupply for our set up.

Deploy: 89UifoW.jpg

Round One was a little anticlimactic, he moved his speeder up and put a wound on my tank but also lost a speeder, and the dekkas on the far side of the main centerpiece got hit hard, but otherwise everything just kinda moved up.

Round one end:
r7MKYZE.jpg

Round 2 things started to pick up. I removed his speeder almost immediately and started moving some B1s & B2s as well as Dooku and grievous forward to score on the center point. His units were deployed too far back to reach the objective round 2, so CIS scored 2 victory tokens. However he did land a major shot on a unit of B1s with his AT-ST leaving only 2 minis in the unit. To retaliate and draw fire off my heavily wounded essential unit of B1s (OOMs and HQ uplinks) I used the B2s and Dooku to attack the AT-ST. Ended up landing 6 wounds. ( of which he removed 2 of with R4s).

Round two end:
2hsgmbb.jpg

Round 3 we were in the thick of it. B2s and dekkas started moving up the left flank while the right flank drew in to avoid shots from stormtroopers as they made their way up. Dooku used his card to gain arsenal and relentless to move a small amount strike the ATST hard and fall back behind the center piece. The opponent was unable to draw his ATST from the pool in time to use it before losing it to Dooku and a unit of HA B2s. The AAT moved up the left to get ready to agitate the back field where the opponents troops were massed.

Round three end:
k6s4gxu.jpg

Round 4 was tense. Many of his troops moved up to the back of the centerpiece to score and with Vader rapidly approaching on the right ( also him playing his Vader's might command card), I was at high risk of having Grievous or Dooku yanked out of their relative safety to fend off Vader and 2 units of Imp royal guards by their lonesome. Fortunately, I was able to gun down Vader with the combined fire of my AAT's high energy shot and a couple of volleys from nearby units of B1s. At the end of the round He moved a unit of his Royal guards up the right of the centerpiece wiping on a unit of B2s with them. I was able to use Grievous to scale the terrain and take out a couple of units that were down to their last mini. Then, in conjunction with Dooku's force push captured the center objective. CIS taking another 2 victory tokens.

Round four end:
ZKNaIo3.jpg

By round 5 his forces were pretty well decimated. Combined fire from Dooku, grievous (and his windmill attack), the tank and a few B2s pushing the foreward line reduced his numbers. The remaining B1s in the back moved forward to hold the center point.

Round five end:
XYBtyj6.jpg

Round six was met with little resistance. My forces mopped up what units they could preventing the opponent from capturing any object. Leaving the final score 8 to 2 CIS victory.

Round six end:
lm8pl1N.jpg

Edited by Darth Sanguis

Did you end up using any of the resupply points or where they ignored?

16 hours ago, HeavyLoader2 said:

Did you end up using any of the resupply points or where they ignored?

Yeah, actually, the supplies all got used. One of my B1s got an arc welder. took the 1 wound off my tank. The rest kinda didn't do much but all the supplies were picked up.

Can we possibly get both the army lists? 🙂

Very cool. I keep trying to get a Grand Army CIS vs GAR game in, but life likes to interfere. Oh well.

On 10/16/2020 at 6:33 AM, jimmyrut said:

Can we possibly get both the army lists? 🙂

I can try to find them but honestly, it's been a long time since these matches were played.

On 10/16/2020 at 8:41 AM, Alpha17 said:

Very cool. I keep trying to get a Grand Army CIS vs GAR game in, but life likes to interfere. Oh well.

CIS vs GAR is very fun at 1600 points. GAR is very strong at the higher point thresholds. Where they lack in order control they make up in token gen and sheer power.

WzReO9P.jpg
in this Grand Army match the opponent was able to turn zero gen a tonne of aims and basically delete the AAT round 1(technically it was killed opening of round 2, but trickle damage and saber shot did it in early). Using Padme's card he was also able to prevent GG's alpha on round 2 or 3 basically deciding the game, from there the droids were unable to compete. Arcs with jump sets were able to terrain scope very well too, wildly funny for them to pop up and tag Dooku while he was still hiding in the back.

e7jMdBp.jpg