2 new descent novels and a new edition of the Board game

By mulletcheese, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Descent doesn't have to learn a thing from Gloomhaven. All those GH ideas are from other games a anyway (Mage Knight, Stuffed Fables, Descent)

I hope the new game is not app driven. For the fans of app there is alreadya game with ton of content - Descent 2nd edition.

The book instead of map tiles would be a great improvement, I'd love that. Though not ''like Jaaaws of the Liioon'' but rather Stuffed Fables.

Other that that, I would love to see a solo mod for Overlord. Where you can play the campaign crushing hero skulls boiii

Edit. Replaced Mice and Mystics with Stuffed Fables. I thought Mice and Mystics had a map book too

Edited by Alarin

oyj5bGw.png

4Rwvp6D.png

On Friday afternoon, we have an unboxing of a very special product! There’s so much to share, but we can’t reveal exactly what this product is yet—you’ll just have to watch the In-Flight Report, and check our schedule after the broadcast to see what we’ll be unboxing here.

From GenCon Stream Announcement article

In-Flight report is July 29th at 7pm Central, may have some info there if my suspicions of the timing are correct.

Edited by kris40k
On 7/22/2020 at 4:08 PM, Alarin said:

Descent doesn't have to learn a thing from Gloomhaven. All those GH ideas are from other games a anyway (Mage Knight, Stuffed Fables, Descent)

I hope the new game is not app driven. For the fans of app there is alreadya game with ton of content - Descent 2nd edition.

The book instead of map tiles would be a great improvement, I'd love that. Though not ''like Jaaaws of the Liioon'' but rather Stuffed Fables.

Other that that, I would love to see a solo mod for Overlord. Where you can play the campaign crushing hero skulls boiii

Edit. Replaced Mice and Mystics with Stuffed Fables. I thought Mice and Mystics had a map book too

A solo overlord mode would make it a instant buy for me.

I just wanted to chime in that I was already crossing my fingers, when they announced those upcoming ... announcements, that one of them would be the ambitious Terrinoth game supposedly in development for a couple of years now, and when I discovered this thread and thus that leak a few days ago, I was outright elated. Only a few more days! #pleasebegood

On 7/7/2020 at 3:09 AM, Lightningclaw said:

I think it is a third edition. The name is probably an attempt to distance it from LOTR: Journeys in Middle-Earth (even though Descent came first)

Quite possibly a factor, but the important impetus seems to me to be drawing a connection to Road to Legend. I presume we're all assuming that it'll have a focus on app-assisted co-op, so that would fit as a reason to change the subtitle, but I sure hope they won't be boneheaded enough to make it the sole play mode and skimp analog Overlords. Honestly, I'll definitely get much more play time in playing the co-op mode, but nobody else is doing versus anymore; I want that option, dammit. And I have no issue with apps at the table per se, but I react ... negatively to the DRM they'll inevitable saddle it with. I don't care whether any great-grandchildren of mine, whom I'll never meet, will want to try the game when they discover it in an old cupboard or whether they want to sell it. I do care about them (and theoretical buyers of my/their copy) being able to do so as legal owners of a legally purchased product. I'm a bit surprised that it's officially a third edition, though. I was under the impression that while closest to Descent among previous games in the setting, it was deemed different enough to warrant a new name. It better live up to the name and actually play like a Descent game (with some additional polish to warrant a new edition), regardless of how app-reliant it'll be.

Crashy crash crash....

13 minutes ago, Bucho said:

Crashy crash crash....

Yeah, probably not coming back this time. 🙃

Maybe they will just record and upload it to their Youtube channel

Broadcaster FFGLive : Then we're going to record the In-Flight and post it to YouTube as soon as we're finished tonight

Yep

Edited by kris40k

The size of that new Descent box... omfg.

I have no frigging clue how much it costs. Probably over $100.

Probably will be an instant buy.

Edit: It looks about the size of two 2e core sets plus both large expansions stacked on top of each other.

Edited by Lightningclaw
21 minutes ago, Lightningclaw said:

Edit: It looks about the size of two 2e core sets plus both large expansions stacked on top of each other.

The scary part is I'm pretty sure that says "Act 1" in the lower right corner of the front cover.

...which means there is at least an "Act 2" in another box.

cjljrHj.png

I guess they weren't kidding when they rumored back in November that the Descent related project was huuuuuggge.

Edited by kris40k
27 minutes ago, kris40k said:

The scary part is I'm pretty sure that says "Act 1" in the lower right corner of the front cover.

...which means there is at least an "Act 2" in another box.

cjljrHj.png

I guess they weren't kidding when they rumored back in November that the Descent related project was huuuuuggge.

" Most ambicious project from ffg". Starting to beleave ...

So glad that it is really happening ! I cant' wait.
But how can they do that to us ? Not even an unboxing schedule ! I am going utterly mad !

6 minutes ago, Tintaglia said:

So glad that it is really happening ! I cant' wait.
But how can they do that to us ? Not even an unboxing schedule ! I am going utterly mad !

On 7/22/2020 at 11:31 AM, kris40k said:

yeah you right.
One of those will be the Marvel one and the other our favorite one 😀

Now looks like it is not a 3rd edition i am getting nervous about a potential Conversion Kit. 😓

3 minutes ago, Tintaglia said:

Now looks like it is not a 3rd edition i am getting nervous about a potential Conversion Kit. 😓

Probably its not a new edition. I think every expansion will be a new act for a big campaign system.

What do you think about the artwork ? I am not sure that i enjoy it that much.

2 hours ago, kris40k said:

the head of FFG say at the streaming that the unboxing of friday streaming its TI4 expansion, and the streaming of #unrevealgame2 its the Marvel X-MEN gameplay on sunday.

26 minutes ago, Tintaglia said:

the head of FFG say at the streaming that the unboxing of friday streaming its TI4 expansion, and the streaming of #unrevealgame2 its the Marvel X-MEN gameplay on sunday.

So, if there will be no information about it during Gen Con - I guess we'll have to wait until the Essen Spiel 20 Online.
If the estimated release date is in February - I think this will be the best time to share game's details with public.

I'm super-duper happy about this anouncement. It was a long road to new Descent game. Even if its fully cooperative with software integration like Road to Legend for 2nd edition (which I'm not a fan of) - its still an instabuy for me. Even if it will cost like TI4 - I'm just sooo glad to buy another Terrinoth product.

Has anyone also noticed that the box is of the unusual size, with shorter lid, like in Scythe The Legendary Box? My gaming group has some concerns about its transportability. I personally don't mind.

c5cdeccfa7.jpg
71J1QVlbk8L._AC_SY355_.jpg

4 hours ago, Lightningclaw said:

$200 to $300 at minimum. Really big succer, unles it is Empty for expansions... then $99 is possible just like joyrney in the middle earth. 20 minis and some map tiles.

but interesting to see what They have done. I Expect new Joyrney in the middlea earth type app driven version...

Edited by Hannibal_pjv
4 hours ago, Tintaglia said:

What do you think about the artwork ? I am not sure that i enjoy it that much.

It's better than Shoulderpads Mclantern. Not hero focused which is a real change and surprisingly not busy which is also a departure.

Erm.....just got a good look at the side. That looks weirdly low quality pic5559875.png

Edited by Bucho
4 hours ago, kraisto said:

Probably its not a new edition. I think every expansion will be a new act for a big campaign system.

The idea that FFG might just have actually made a single self contained game is exciting.

17 minutes ago, Bucho said:

It's better than Shoulderpads Mclantern. Not hero focused which is a real change and surprisingly not busy which is also a departure.

Erm.....just got a good look at the side. That looks weirdly low quality pic5559875.png

The side is stylised as a stain glass, which is telling some story events. Not sure if that was a good idea, but it is what it is.