Okay, so I have a question about the Anniversary edition...

By BurntSoul, in The Lord of the Rings: The Board Game

I noticed that FFG has announced a new 20th anniversary edition that will be coming out for this game.

I saw this in the description:

For the game’s anniversary edition, the polished gameplay mechanics and beautiful artwork that shaped previous editions arrives untouched, but you’ll find that the punchboard

Hobbit markers, Sauron marker, threat die, and Ring token from the game’s previous edition have been upgraded with brand-new, beautifully sculpted miniatures.

To add to this, I have the Silver Line edition of the game.

Ummm so you can see where my question is going. I still have to ask it even though I'm feeling like an instant, 'Nope!' is the answer here...

If this is the only actual change between the Silver Line edition and this new edition, can I celebrate the 20th anniversary by just getting the upgraded sculpted miniatures in a separate package?

I would definitely pay for the upgraded components.

Thank You in advance if you can do this!

Will the newer edition come in a Silver Line-esque box or the older version? I have the older, original version and all the expansions. While I love it, if I can get that package in a smaller or thinner box so I can get some space back, I'll totally be down. Just curious.