Spending Movement Points from Special Actions and Out of Activation

By Tvboy, in Imperial Assault Rules Questions

Hi, I know that if a figure receives movement points from a special action or outside of their activation, they must use them immediately or lose them. Some campaign missions allow you to spend movement points to perform certain things, like retrieve an object, flip over a token, or even do more complex things that involve rolling dice, opening doors or pushing objects.

My question is can a figure spend movement points to do these things and then continue to spend their remaining movement points that they got from a special action or out of activation to move spaces?

Example, a mission has a rule that says "a figure may send 2 movement points to open an adjacent door". Gideon uses his command ability to give another hero standing next to the door 4 movement points. Can they spend 2 to open the door, and then the 2 remaining movement points to move through it?

edit: psst, @a1bert

Edited by Tvboy

Yes, movement points gained out of your activation can be spent on anything you can spend movement points on, provided the mission rules doesn't also include "during your activation" or similar to limit it during your own activation.

(The campaign probably doesn't have any special actions that grant movement points. Urgency and a few other in skirmish do.)

There's also Fenn's Tactical Movement, CT-1701's Squad Tactics, Verena's Combat Momentum, and 1mp-worth abilities of Onar, Jarrod, and CT-1701 which can grant movement points out of the figure's activation.

Edited by a1bert
3 hours ago, a1bert said:

Yes, movement points gained out of your activation can be spent on anything you can spend movement points on, provided the mission rules doesn't also include "during your activation" or similar to limit it during your own activation.

(The campaign probably doesn't have any special actions that grant movement points. Urgency and a few other in skirmish do.)

There's also Fenn's Tactical Movement, CT-1701's Squad Tactics, Verena's Combat Momentum, and 1mp-worth abilities of Onar, Jarrod, and CT-1701 which can grant movement points out of the figure's activation.

Ok thank you, just wanted to make sure we were using Urgency and IACP Boba correctly that he can spend movement points from Urgency on flamethrower and then continue his movement so long as he doesn't stop to perform another action or use a "during your activation" ability.

Ah, that one. If it doesn't require "during your activation", then I don't see why Urgency would not combo with it. But I can't talk about intent.

If there is "during your activation", during Urgency isn't a during your activation timing instance.

Edited by a1bert

I was trying to figure out which rule stopped Jedi Luke from doing a Heroic attack in the middle of resolving Urgency, and it's because it's a "during your activation" ability so it can't be used while another action is resolving, but Boba's flamethrower isn't so it can be used without stopping the resolution of Urgency.