Card board terrain, etc

By Knight Scarface, in Terrain Building

I am newer to this game and I am trying to figure out how to make terrain, and am looking for information on how,to make card board terrain that's looks good or any other simple

2 hours ago, Knight Scarface said:

I am newer to this game and I am trying to figure out how to make terrain, and am looking for information on how,to make card board terrain that's looks good or any other simple

Making terrain is awesome but can be a bit clunky too! I’d steer clear of cardboard. I think it will give you fits. Here are some guides I found helpful when I started:

https://geekandsundry.com/how-to-make-gorgeous-tabletop-terrain-for-less-than-15/

To make squares look realistic:

and of course the Terrain Tutor!

https://m.youtube.com/user/TheTerrainTutor

Thanks for the help, but the reason I was looking for card board was that it is free and I don't have the ability to go out buy foam and stuff

Well, a Google search for "cardboard wargame terrain" returned more than half-a-million results.

Are you looking for buildings, hills, trees, etc? Are you looking for any particular theme? There's a series of excellent articles here , the first of which is about turning cardboard gift boxes into terrain. There are several other articles that will help you out, I think.

Otherwise, some more information on what you're looking for would be helpful.

8 hours ago, Knight Scarface said:

Thanks for the help, but the reason I was looking for card board was that it is free and I don't have the ability to go out buy foam and stuff

Absolutely figured this is what you were going for! The tree tutorial uses aluminum foil and Elmer’s glue, for example.

I would recommend finding interesting food containers to use, though cardboard can help add interesting effects. But there is certainly no reason you can’t use cardboard. I have found the painting, weathering, props, and other techniques helpful regardless of what is being used to build the terrain.

Happy crafting!

Thanks for the help

Good luck with your terrain.