Close Quarters & Combat Momentum: Still Confused

By dwaynedauzat, in Imperial Assault Rules Questions

I considered using Verena Talos for the first time, read her abilities, then my brain started hurting. I know there are already numerous threads concerning this topic, both here and on BGG. And I know others have already used this excuse to re-post this same question, but after reading through some of the long discussions, I'm still unable to make sense of the timing of "Close Quarters" & "Combat Momentum."

"When an adjacent hostile figure is defeated" do both, "Close Quarters" and the top part of "Combat Momentum" trigger at the same time, allowing me to choose which to perform first? Or, do I only get to choose one to trigger and resolve?

Considering this form the RRG pg 20:

"• Spending movement points is not an action and may be done
at any time during the figure’s activation. They can be spent
before or after performing any action but cannot be spent
while resolving an action.
• If a figure gains movement points when it is not its activation,
those movement points must be spent immediately as an
interrupt or be lost."

If I get to do both actions in any order, can I spend movement points between each action, thus potentially allowing me to move up to 3 spaces before attacking (1 strain to gain 2mp, spend 2mp, then 2 strain to move 1 space and attack)?

Other than the fact that the 2mp gained from "Combat Momentum" must be spent immediately, would it work any differently outside of Verena's activation?

Also, can these two actions be used multiple times in a row if adjacent hostile figures continue to be defeated?

I hope I asked the right questions. If I didn't, somebody please help me. @a1bert 😕

Edited by dwaynedauzat