Has anyone ever converted the Vehicle Weapon Ranges to Genesys Scale?

By Fl1nt, in Game Masters

Hello,

My players have recently taken more interested in vehicle combat.
So far we used a mix of Star Wars and Genesys Rules and rolled well with it, but I do not know if this will hold up once my players abandon their Ghtroc 720 Freighter instead of smaller Snubfighters or the like.

So my plan is to bring more Genesys into our rules, since its more straight forward.

The only Thing I'd probably keep is Vehicle Defense Zones (together with a mixed up Version of Gain the Advantage etc.) and the Attack Difficulty, because I feel that with the Genesys Rules a Frigate or a Star Destroyer even would straight up annihilate snubfighters... (sure Silhouette Difference increase Difficulty by 1, but at Short Range thats still ony 2 Difficulty for hitting a Snub Fighter with a Heavy Turbo Laser).

The question now is: Has anyone ever converted the Vehicle Weapon Ranges of Star Wars to the Genesys Scale?
I'd guess most Engaged Weapons like Light Laser Cannons would be at Medium or Long with Missiles being at Long or Extreme, but I'm not quite sure.

I'd be grateful for any input ;)

Edited by Fl1nt

I would only increase them 1 step:

Close = Short

Short = Medium

Medium = Long

Long = Extreme

Extreme = Strategic

Also, remember: Talents that are used on a Planetary Scale need to be bumped up 1 step as well.

Remember that even in Genesys, the actual distance of each range band is fluid. In a space battle, multiple Sil 10 ships can still all be at Short range, even though they're kilometers long behemoths.

😁

yup, the abstract distance is greater in Genesys.
My main point in wanting to pull in the Rangeband Rules ist to simplify stuff more.

Increasing by 1 sounds very good 👍