Average Bid?

By Cruzer, in Army Building

Just a quick question here, but in your experience what's the lowest point value you often see in opponents' armies?

Planning out a new army and I very much want to try and at least tie for the average low-point bid so I can more often be blue player.

Thanks!

789-791 is the lowest I've seen lately, but Vital Assets hasn't been out very long. My very limited experience says that those bids were a bit steep and 5-6 points is probably as far as you want to go.

2 minutes ago, arnoldrew said:

789-791 is the lowest I've seen lately, but Vital Assets hasn't been out very long. My very limited experience says that those bids were a bit steep and 5-6 points is probably as far as you want to go.

Yeah, 794-796 was about the range I was shooting for, will likely keep it that way since it's also a 10-activation list I'm building.

I have seen someone go as low as 785/800, he always had blue but that is a lot of points to give away, i think the largest bid that i would go for is about 9, i can always put recon intel on a few units if it is slightly bigger

Edited by 5particus
spelling
3 minutes ago, Mokoshkana said:

Checkout this video from @Mbweha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm6PSlNlGBU

People are playing 20 point bids...

Lol, well they can have fun with that if they wish. I've got better use for those points myself XD

Yeah I think that usually it's better to build for any objective and just use the points. I think there are three trains of thought

800 pt builds and plan to be red

797-799 to plan to be blue against the players above

10-12 or more bids for being blue. I see imps /rebels more doing this

5 hours ago, syrath said:

10-12 or more bids for being blue. I see imps /rebels more doing this

Natural surges are no joke, eh?