Salvo and obstruction

By ovinomanc3r, in Star Wars: Armada Rules Questions

One more question about salvo.

How the same LoS interacts with stuff like Jaina's Light, Cracken, EWS, etc.?

For Jaina's, for example, the LoS could go through an obstacle even when her attack is not obstructed. Salvo copy the LoS, not the obstruction/clear status so I guess that as long as the LoS go through an obstacle the salvo is obstructed unless I'm Jaina's myself.

For cards that grant obstruction under certain circumstances I guess it works the same. Cracken has got a clear shot at speed 3 but when he is attacked back he benefits from his ability. Otherwise he would be shot obstructed all the time but when he is "salvoed".

Card effects, range, and obstruction still work.

Salvo is treated the same as any other attack except you can never add dice (Replace is fine).

Edited by Karneck
3 hours ago, Karneck said:

Card effects, range, and obstruction still work.

Salvo is treated the same as any other attack except you can never add dice (Replace is fine).

I guess here the ignore firing arcs is to avoid going through enemy firing arcs while using the same LoS. Am I right?

30 minutes ago, ovinomanc3r said:

I guess here the ignore firing arcs is to avoid going through enemy firing arcs while using the same LoS. Am I right?

Correct, it is possible for an enemy ship to have firing arc on your hull zone, and not have the reverse be true, hence why it is ignored for the purpose of generating the salvo attack. The firing arc still "exists" and is still subject to other effects like the Objective Solar Corona's effect, just that step is "skipped" when conducting all the other checks to conduct an attack.