Scorpion Clan Letter 2020

By Tonbo Karasu, in L5R LCG: Lore Discussion

Oh dear oh dear. This bodes ill.

My apologies for the double post, it was to stop spoilers in the rollover text. (Does that happen on this site?)

Anyway, there are a number of words with oddly formatted letters in this document:

• cur∫e - that's the elongated cursive s that we only ever see used for integration these days (it's short for sum)
  • trea∫on uppon - the same s and a double p, for some unknown reason
  • þe blæde - to me, it looks like the thorn character, which is used instead of th in old scripts, and the ash, used for the diphthong 'eye'
  • þe - same again.

However, if you take the odd words, plus the ones before and after the single ones you get:

"a curse of treason upon the blade of the Hantei"

I think that about sums it up.

Also note this

There is nowhere safer in all of Rokugan for it to remain than the Castle of Learning.

4 minutes ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

My apologies for the double post, it was to stop spoilers in the rollover text. (Does that happen on this site?)

Anyway, there are a number of words with oddly formatted letters in this document:

• cur∫e - that's the elongated cursive s that we only ever see used for integration these days (it's short for sum)
  • trea∫on uppon - the same s and a double p, for some unknown reason
  • þe blæde - to me, it looks like the thorn character, which is used instead of th in old scripts, and the ash, used for the diphthong 'eye'
  • þe - same again.

However, if you take the odd words, plus the ones before and after the single ones you get:

"a curse of treason upon the blade of the Hantei"

I think that about sums it up.

Also note this

That about sums up the current status of the blade for sure.

I'll also note that the only Masayo we know about is a Seppun.

Great tournament result stacking: Kunshu is in the keeping of the Scorpion, Shoju is relying on the Yogo, and Junzo is absolutely trustworthy!

38 minutes ago, Doji Hyōkin said:

Great tournament result stacking: Kunshu is in the keeping of the Scorpion, Shoju is relying on the Yogo, and Junzo is absolutely trustworthy!

Hey Junzo was fine til his curse triggered with Shoju's death

At least more trustworthy than Kuni Yori, not that it means much.

I'm sure there's nothing wrong with any of the Scorpion Clan keeping a cursed sword safe.