Looking for bridge ideas for a Mustafar/Sullust table

By oreet, in Terrain Building

So I recently picked up the Blood Crystals, River of Blood, and Pools of Blood terrain sets from Gale Force 9. Combined with the Imperial Bunker, I have the makings of a lava planet table (thinking Mustafar or Sullust). If I leave the back off the bunker, that creates one way across the lava. Considering this is lava, I would think that troops and land vehicles shouldn't be able to walk through the lava, so I'm looking for some ideas for bridges that would fit thematically with the rest of the table. Thinking more man-made looking bridges instead of natural rock formations. I'm not great at making terrain, so if someone's got suggestions for an online vendor that would sell pieces that could work, that would be great. At the widest part of any of the river segments, the bridge would need to clear 8.5 inches to completely cross the river without the bridge resting on the lava or the river bank. I think 2 or 3 narrow bridges to create choke points, and 1 or 2 wider ones to allow larger vehicles like an AT-ST and AT-RT to pass across as well.

Aside from the bridges, this table is not complete. We'd add barricades and other scatter terrain, and add some other larger rock formations for LoS blocking and cover.

Any suggestions?

ztgIt3K.jpg

Edited by oreet

since the river isn't that far off the ground, I'd think any of the scaffolding type sets would work. Even just the 40k platforms would work as a bridge. (there's another company that makes plastic ones Sci-Fi terrain maybe, and a laser cut wood group and ALL of the 3d printing services - check Pinterst)

I would add some trees or rock formations. Pink insulation Foam with Elmer's glue and rocks/sand glued to it. Paint it black, drybrush grey and you're done. You could make a rock bridge out of the same material after practicing with a few LOS-blocking rocks first. (or there are people that sell them pre-made)

31 minutes ago, buckero0 said:

I would add some trees or rock formations. Pink insulation Foam with Elmer's glue and rocks/sand glued to it. Paint it black, drybrush grey and you're done. You could make a rock bridge out of the same material after practicing with a few LOS-blocking rocks first. (or there are people that sell them pre-made)

Prior to this comment, I had just finished watching this video:

It looks pretty straightforward to make terrain from foam, so I might give this a shot.

I think you should put a rocky bluff/mesa in each corner so there's some opportunity to have varying elevation.