Getting PCs involved on Endor

By claytacia, in Game Masters

My campaign is building up to the battle of Endor but I'm not sure what I should have my PCs do during the battle. They are rebels. I'm trying to think of something they can do on planet while Han and his team are doing their part. Any thoughts?

What do your PCs normally do? Are they diplomats, soldiers, aces?

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt

Reinforcements, maybe, sent after that first group with Han & co.? Remember Lando saying, "Han will have that shield down. We've got to give him more time." ? Well, maybe they got nervous and sent a second support group?

Maybe a rebel agent finds out about the Emperor's trap and your group is sent to warn Han's away team? You can't send a signal without risking being overheard, so they have to go in person. Maybe they use the same stolen code ("It's an older code, but it does check out.")? Maybe they have to 'blockade run' and get down to the planet?

(Assuming Palpatine wasn't lying), there's at least an entire legion of crack, Stormtrooper veterans* garrisoned on the Forest/Sanctuary Moon at the time of the Battle of Endor. A Stormtrooper legion counts 12,800 troopers; Han & Co. fights, what.... 50? 100? Certainly nothing near 12k Stormies! In other words, there are either a lot of Stormtroopers (with support personell and armored cavalry and whatnot) out there on the moon somewhere doing nothing, or there are several other Imperial instalations and operations in need of protecting that we don't see displayed in RotJ .

The movie makes it look like there's one simple Achilles' Heel bunker that the heroes need to take out, which is guarded by at max a single Company of Stormtroopers (i.e. 200 troopers). Logically, however, there must be more to this than just Han's strike team and a few Stormies, and your PCs could easily be part of the possibly several alternative Rebel operations taking place during the Battle of Endor. Perhaps the Alliance High Command needs the PCs to carry out a rescue mission, getting some captured VIPs/spies off the moon; or perhaps it's an assassination missions, the PCs sent to neutralize their campaign nemesis; or perhaps Alliance intel has information on some secret, experimental reserach going on somewhere on the Forest Moon, and want the PCs to capture it as a contingency for if the Rebel Attack on DS2 fails (and this could, of coure, easily be just another Palpatine trick to trap Rebels in his web).

*Yeah, I know, I know... Insert Stormtrooper accuracy puns here 😛

Edited by angelman2
15 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

What do your PCs normally do? Are they diplomats, soldiers, aces?

They are soldiers/fighters. Two heavies (Wookie and Selonian) and a spy (Human). Spy is very stealthy and uses the force.

14 hours ago, DurosSpacer said:

Reinforcements, maybe, sent after that first group with Han & co.? Remember Lando saying, "Han will have that shield down. We've got to give him more time." ? Well, maybe they got nervous and sent a second support group?

Maybe a rebel agent finds out about the Emperor's trap and your group is sent to warn Han's away team? You can't send a signal without risking being overheard, so they have to go in person. Maybe they use the same stolen code ("It's an older code, but it does check out.")? Maybe they have to 'blockade run' and get down to the planet?

That's a cool idea. "We know that they know" kind of thing. I do have an imperial agent working for the rebels already in the story. Thanks!

6 hours ago, angelman2 said:

(Assuming Palpatine wasn't lying), there's at least an entire legion of crack, Stormtrooper veterans* garrisoned on the Forest/Sanctuary Moon at the time of the Battle of Endor. A Stormtrooper legion counts 12,800 troopers; Han & Co. fights, what.... 50? 100? Certainly nothing near 12k Stormies! In other words, there are either a lot of Stormtroopers (with support personell and armored cavalry and whatnot) out there on the moon somewhere doing nothing, or there are several other Imperial instalations and operations in need of protecting that we don't see displayed in RotJ .

The movie makes it look like there's one simple Achilles' Heel bunker that the heroes need to take out, which is guarded by at max a single Company of Stormtroopers (i.e. 200 troopers). Logically, however, there must be more to this than just Han's strike team and a few Stormies, and your PCs could easily be part of the possibly several alternative Rebel operations taking place during the Battle of Endor. Perhaps the Alliance High Command needs the PCs to carry out a rescue mission, getting some captured VIPs/spies off the moon; or perhaps it's an assassination missions, the PCs sent to neutralize their campaign nemesis; or perhaps Alliance intel has information on some secret, experimental reserach going on somewhere on the Forest Moon, and want the PCs to capture it as a contingency for if the Rebel Attack on DS2 fails (and this could, of coure, easily be just another Palpatine trick to trap Rebels in his web).

*Yeah, I know, I know... Insert Stormtrooper accuracy puns here 😛

Awesome! You guys are really helping me out here. Love it. Thanks!

The front entrance had a full sized AT-AT. Someone had to distract that thing.