ION Radio Episode 14: Tarkin vs Rieekan

By Fraggle_Rock, in Star Wars: Armada Battle Reports

Ken and John are back after COVID-19 shelter-in-place orders. Here is our first post-pandemic video!

Tense game! And good job Ken!

50 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Tense game! And good job Ken!

Thanks, Bertie. I think I might be getting "not bad" at playing Armada. LOL! 🙂

This is probably one of my favorite games that we've filmed. The crits, the dice rolls, the odd fact that we both picked primarily Wave 1 stuff... Good match. The final score reflects that.

1 minute ago, Fraggle_Rock said:

Thanks, Bertie. I think I might be getting "not bad" at playing Armada. LOL! 🙂

This is probably one of my favorite games that we've filmed. The crits, the dice rolls, the odd fact that we both picked primarily Wave 1 stuff... Good match. The final score reflects that.

Why did you turn "the wrong way" (as John put it) with one of your Vics on round 1? Was it just because of the Corona or was there another reason?

1 minute ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Why did you turn "the wrong way" (as John put it) with one of your Vics on round 1? Was it just because of the Corona or was there another reason?

I was looking to angle the middle Star Destroyer to make a flank maneuver. I figured the Vic I was toast at deployment, so if I came in at the sides of the Neb-B I should be able to take it out a little easier.

2 minutes ago, Fraggle_Rock said:

I was looking to angle the middle Star Destroyer to make a flank maneuver. I figured the Vic I was toast at deployment, so if I came in at the sides of the Neb-B I should be able to take it out a little easier.

Ah thanks! I watched the game on my phone so I felt like I missed some of tactics involved.

You did much better than I thought you would vs that gunline; I couldn't believe how many of his ships you could take out despite being outdeployed and having to fight him with TIEs.

1 minute ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Ah thanks! I watched the game on my phone so I felt like I missed some of tactics involved.

You did much better than I thought you would vs that gunline; I couldn't believe how many of his ships you could take out despite being outdeployed and having to fight him with TIEs.

All Tarkin. 🙂