Cymoon, VSDI, VSDII - Opinions and Critiques Please

By Kittypantses, in Star Wars: Armada Fleet Builds

I am new to Armada, but made this fleet and would love some feedback. I only play with one friend, and he and I never use Objectives, so the Objectives I picked were random. If you happen to have feedback or suggestions on which Objectives I should pick feel free to let me know. Really, any feedback is useful as I get to know this game.

Faction: Galactic Empire

Commander: Moff Jerjerrod

Assault Objective: Advanced Gunnery
Defense Objective: Asteroid Tactics
Navigation Objective: Hyperspace Migration

[ flagship ] Imperial Star Destroyer Cymoon 1 Refit (112 points)
- Moff Jerjerrod ( 23 points)
- Relentless ( 3 points)
- Taskmaster Grint ( 5 points)
- Gunnery Team ( 7 points)
- Hardened Bulkheads ( 5 points)
- Quad Turbolaser Cannons ( 10 points)
- H9 Turbolasers ( 8 points)
- Take Evasive Action! ( 6 points)
= 179 total ship cost

Victory I-Class Star Destroyer (73 points)
- Harrow ( 3 points)
- Emperor Palpatine (off) ( 3 points)
- Ordnance Experts ( 4 points)
- Engine Techs ( 8 points)
- Disposable Capacitors ( 3 points)
- Quad Battery Turrets ( 5 points)
- External Racks ( 3 points)
= 102 total ship cost

Victory II-Class Star Destroyer (85 points)
- Gunnery Team ( 7 points)
- Disposable Capacitors ( 3 points)
- Quad Battery Turrets ( 5 points)
= 100 total ship cost

1 Ciena Ree ( 17 points)
= 17 total squadron cost

Thanks!

So without knowing what you have available and completely redoing the list

Does your mate only play 3 ships as well? Vsds can be awfully outmanouvred if they are out activated.

Disposable caps on a vsd1 are a bit of a waste - they cant use them.

You could drop them to upgrade the external racks to assault conc missiles.

Or you could use the points to put leading shots on the vic2 so its shots are a lot more reliable

Grint and hardened bulkheads dont usually see a lot of use but if you like them thats fine. The obvious swap is grint for strategic advisor.

Welcome to Star Wars Armada and the forums! Below are my suggestions for objectives for this list:

Assault: Station Assault - Somewhat forces your opponent to fly directly towards you to engage the Stations (if placed together), which will their ships in the front arc of your Star Destroyers

Defense: Contested Outpost - Same as above, as they are not getting any points from the objective unless the get close to the station (and your ships)

Navigation: Solar Corona or Doomed Station - The former takes away your opponent's (likely) serious deployment advantage while the latter has similar benefits to the above two objectives.

Good luck!

On 6/12/2020 at 6:53 AM, Admiral Calkins said:

Navigation: Solar Corona or Doomed Station - The former takes away your opponent's (likely) serious deployment advantage while the latter has similar benefits to the above two objectives.

With a 399 point bid I don't think Solar Corona is a great objective. You could take SW-7 Ion Batteries on your VSDII to mitigate the potential loss of accuracy icons, but if you're dropping DCaps that gives you a 4 point bid, which make Solar Corona a slightly more viable. Strategic Advisor for Grint gives you another point.

I like ACMs more than Ex-Racks in this list. Ordinance experts helps guarantee that crit, and Harrow with Engine Techs/Jerry means the VSDI should be able to maneuver well enough to double arc. That's probably 4 to 6 attacks before it's taken down.

You could also shave off a few points to add a Gozanti into your fleet. While Quad Turbolaser Cannons + H9 Turbolasers is a powerful combo, it's expensive (But it does pair well with Solar Corona). With those cut, plus the other changes you should have enough for a Goz with Comms Net. With Strategic Advisor to the mix you have a 5 activation fleet.

Make VSDs great again!

Edited by thestag

Hey there, I'm also a newbie to Armada, so I might be wrong but I think your fleet could be quite weak against an opponent that plays a lot of squadrons.
Sure, the Cymoon Imperial Star Destroyer has two dice of anti-squadron battery, but it's only at short range, so I think your two Victory Star Destroyer would be at risk of getting easily annoyed by bomber squadrons.
Curious what more experienced players can say about that.