Exploding Rune + Blasting Rune

By Hendolph, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Hi all,

something came up the other day during a quest and I was wondering if you guys could clarify this for me.

My mage was shooting at a monster with multiple monsters adjacent to it using Exploding Rune and Blasting Rune as the weapon. One of the monsters was defeated. Does this trigger the Blasting Rune effect taking 2 hearts off the adjacent monsters? Or can you only have one blast effect per attack?

Act_II_Item_-_Blasting_Rune.png

Runemaster_-_Exploding_Rune.png

Different possibilities :

- you attack and the target is defeated. Each adjacent figure suffers 2 hearts.

- you attack and the blast defeat 1 or monsters. For each monsters, each adjacent figure suffers 2 hearts. But if figures are defeated because of blasting rune, no additional figures deals 2 hearts to adjacent figures since these are no due to the attack itself

Edited by rugal

so you're saying, if a monster dies from the initial attack, whether it's the target of the attack or the ones affected by the blast, the Blasting Rune effect will trigger?

And it can even trigger for each monster that was defeated by the initial attack? Sounds great, but wouldn't that be a bit over-powered?

59 minutes ago, Hendolph said:

so you're saying, if a monster dies from the initial attack, whether it's the target of the attack or the ones affected by the blast, the Blasting Rune effect will trigger?

And it can even trigger for each monster that was defeated by the initial attack? Sounds great, but wouldn't that be a bit over-powered?

It is indeed !

It can be OP indeed.
RIP goblins or kobolds that bunch up.

It's however very easy to work around for the OL, just not put things next to each other. Which would already happen with Exploding Rune, anyway.

And reanimates and skeleton archers will just just shrug off the Blasting Rune effect most of the time.