404 not found

By Soktine, in Battle for Rokugan

Hello I noticed that there is no longer information available for BFR.

Is the game abandoned ?

Looks they lost license for mechanic.

On 7/7/2020 at 5:05 PM, kempy said:

Looks they lost license for mechanic.

What do you mean lost license for the mechanic?

The mechanics for this game most closely resembled the Game of Thrones Board Game, which is also FFG's. As L5R LCG content continues to pump out it's pretty clear they still have the L5R license. I'd venture it was most likely cancelled based on money.

On 6/10/2020 at 3:24 AM, Soktine said:

Is the game abandoned ?

I think "yes" is a safe bet. It is still available through sites like Amazon for relatively cheap. I got to play it once at the full 5-player count and if you can make that happen I would say it is worth it. Even smaller player number games will be fun. Some of us were hoping for an expansion to boost the player count to 7 plus who knows what else but I think it's safe to say that will not be happening.

20 hours ago, TheSpitfired said:

The mechanics for this game most closely resembled the Game of Thrones Board Game, which is also FFG's. As L5R LCG content continues to pump out it's pretty clear they still have the L5R license. I'd venture it was most likely cancelled based on money.

Hmm, isn't this suspicious that game is gone? FFG has in portfolio a lot of stand-alone games without any expansion, and even out-of-print for years. And they are still on their website. So what is a solid answer for removin a stand-alone game from a franchise they still suport with LCG and partially with RPG (as moved to Edge)? 2,5 y after premiere? Do Molly Glover and Tom Jolly still work for FFG/Asmodee?

BfR is similiar to AGoT but they are different games.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/#/universe/other-games

Edited by kempy

I don't disagree with anything you just said, but I want to observe that my post was a question to your original response. I still don't what you were trying to say.

It is curious to me that BfR is gone on their products page but still available through retailers like Amazon. It is not suspicious, Asmodee and FFG are infamous for cutting products that don't meet their sales criteria and I think it is safe to say that is what happened with this very under-appreciated game. A lot of people saw it and thought it was a Game of Thrones knock-off but as you said, they are very different games.

So again, I didn't understand what you meant by saying maybe they lost a license for the mechanic and was hoping you could clarify that.

Apologies, this is already coming off more argumentative than I ever want to be with a fellow owner of this hidden gem. :)

On 9/25/2020 at 2:12 AM, TheSpitfired said:

I think "yes" is a safe bet. It is still available through sites like Amazon for relatively cheap. I got to play it once at the full 5-player count and if you can make that happen I would say it is worth it. Even smaller player number games will be fun. Some of us were hoping for an expansion to boost the player count to 7 plus who knows what else but I think it's safe to say that will not be happening.

I was hoping for a add-on too. That's sad 😕