Private Messaging and Organising Trades

By Marburg2, in Support

Hello,

I'm hoping to work out a trade with someone here but there appears to be no way to send a private message to work out the details. From a purely functional perspective, I don't want to give my email in a public thread ... I'll be spammed, for sure, within days!

Perhaps I'm missing something; any suggestions on the best way to proceed?

Thanks, Marburg.

marburg said:

Hello,

I'm hoping to work out a trade with someone here but there appears to be no way to send a private message to work out the details. From a purely functional perspective, I don't want to give my email in a public thread ... I'll be spammed, for sure, within days!

Perhaps I'm missing something; any suggestions on the best way to proceed?

Thanks, Marburg.

Thanks ... I'll try that then!

Best, Marburg.

jadrax how exactly Do you do that, I've looked at Privacy and Password settings and the Eddit My Friends Settings but have yet to find how you do what you've related, I am compleatly unabashed in my techno-ignorence so am open to the fact that I'm probbly missing something obvious...

In the Privacy and Password setting a little way down there it says "Hide my email" uncheck that box.

Then your email is avalible to only your friends, or avalible to anyone who views your profile?

As far as I know, only your friends. Just as DOB is only available to friends and not anyone who views your profile.

lack of PM is just another thing wrong withthe new forum software. WE NEED PM!!!!!

Wu Ming said:

jadrax how exactly Do you do that, I've looked at Privacy and Password settings and the Eddit My Friends Settings but have yet to find how you do what you've related, I am compleatly unabashed in my techno-ignorence so am open to the fact that I'm probbly missing something obvious...

No problem, tis the thought that counts non?