Hover: Ground - What CAN it move over/land on?

By RejjeN, in Rules

As the title suggests, I feel the Hover:Ground keyword is a bit vague. It seems to suggest it can move over most terrain, but has nothing about ignoring terrain of any height? So how can it then move over things, and what can it land on? Obviously in the case of the AAT it has a rather slow Speed 1 move, so while it moves it's base + move 1 it can only really move past small things if it can't land on any terrain at all. Or can it freely land on any terrain, or just scatter terrain? Anyone have any idea how this works? In a game where terrain is such a huge deal, do we HAVE to specifically ask for tables made to accommodate the oversized tanks?

Like any other Repulsorlift vehicles, they can ignore (which means move past/over/land on) anything that is the height of the unit leader or lower. In units with only one model (all of the units we are actually talking about here), that model is the unit leader. Also, just so you know, "scatter terrain" isn't really a thing in the rules. Anything you would consider scatter terrain acts in the exact same way as all other terrain.

Oh right, I forgot that was a thing... So I guess the question then is, does the entire base need to fit on the thing you want to move onto, or can you have a tilted base? (kinda following up on the previous question about scatter terrain, aka barricades and small stuff that tend to litter the playmat so you have something to hide behind xD)

1 hour ago, RejjeN said:

Oh right, I forgot that was a thing... So I guess the question then is, does the entire base need to fit on the thing you want to move onto, or can you have a tilted base? (kinda following up on the previous question about scatter terrain, aka barricades and small stuff that tend to litter the playmat so you have something to hide behind xD)

The base can overhang and it can be tipped as long as it's less than 45 degrees. I have no idea what your parenthetical statement is saying (or asking?).

I think he just wants to know if he can park his tank on a barricade or other similar sized obstacle

Ah, I hadn't read the "margin of error" section yet, so that explains the angle thing. Thank you 🙂

Where do I find the rule about moving over things that you're taller than though? I might have missed it.

And yeah, Buckero0 summed it up nicely xD but as I understand it the 45degree thing you mentioned solves that easily.

13 minutes ago, RejjeN said:

Where do I find the rule about moving over things that you're taller than though? I might have missed it.

Rules Reference "Movement" page 53-55.

The shortest explanation is, it interacts with terrain as repulsor vehicle and with other units as if it was ground vehicle.