Arquitens Light Cruiser (54)
• General Romodi (20)
• Skilled First Officer (1)
• Dual Turbolaser Turrets (5)
= 80 Points

Squadrons:
= 0 Points

Total Points: 200

Romodi Arquitens was suggested by @ovinomanc3r as the next list I should run (not this specific list, but the general idea). Each Arquitens had Skilled First Officer for some flexibility and Dual Turbolaser Turrets to reroll the blank red that I was expecting to get on average (more on that later). My objectives either allowed me to throw a lot more dice an activation (Most Wanted), place the obstacles to force obstruction (Asteroid Tactics), or semi-fortress at long range (Hyperspace Migration).

My opponent had initiative and chose to be first player. He chose Asteroid Tactics as the objective.

qkBBZJz.png

Deployment: I placed all the obstacles in the center, slightly on my side of the board, to aid General Romodi. He placed his three ships across in the center, while I placed my Arquitens in a semi-conga line to meet his.

AazqWYT.png

Round 1: We all moved forward at Speed 3. The Exogorths placed at the end of the round help with obstruction (sans Jaina's Light , which I keep forgetting about).

SZe7zfV.png

Round 2: Our battle started a little earlier than normal due to most of our ships throwing a lot of red dice at long range. Jaina's Light activated first, taking off four shields from my left-most Arquitens. I then activated my flagship, throwing extra red dice against his unnamed CR90 with an obstructed double arc and a Concentrate Fire dial (using Skilled First Officer). He then activated his unnamed CR90, taking some shields off my flagship, before executing a great maneuver to get directly in front of my center Arquitens, that ended up being somewhat futile after my ships destroyed it. Made a slight mistake in placing the Exogorths, as I placed one in front of Admonition to damage it in case it rammed me in lieu of placing it so that I had an obstructed double arc with my flagship on Jaina's Light . I can't remember the order for the life of me, but there was a lot of ramming between opposing ships this round and the next.

9NoyUxT.png

Round 3: He activated Admonition first, getting my flagship down to one hull. Unfortunately for my opponent, was Admonition unable to ram my flagship without also ramming Jaina's Light , so that hurt him. My unnamed activated and destroyed Jaina's Light with a ram. My flagship then scooted away just barely within medium range of Admonition's side arc.

clVxmzZ.png

Round 4: Admonition destroyed my flagship as my other Arquitens rammed it and stayed put.

jxcUYWv.png

Round 5: Admonition destroyed my last Arquitens. Using our proposed Task Force tournament scoring system, the game ended 400-208 (8-3, 192 MoV).

Thoughts: This game was... frustrating. Even with dual turbolaser turrets for "rerolling" a red, I rolled extremely bad. I think at some point I even vented over Discord with @ArmadaMatt , "What is even the point of rolling?!?," as almost every Concentrate Fire dial I used rolled for a blank. While expensive for Task Force, Romodi did his job, getting multiple obstructed shots before bursting into flames. In all the games we played, I have never destroyed Admonition , so even at the end, I opted just not to fire at it. To my opponent, it probably seemed like I was a little tilted, but there was seriously no point to it; it seems like the only way to kill Admonition in a Task Force game is to ram it (and I don't want that to be my strategy going in). Thanks again to @ArmadaMatt for the game. He continues to get better and better with his maneuvering, particularly his speed control, and is well-prepared for the tournament.

If I am being honest, I am a little Task Force'd out. I started playing the format with everyone to prep them for our March 21st tournament (which was a good suggestion by one of our local group members to get more people in the game), but since that was pushed back indefinitely, everyone is just still playing the same format until the tournament happens. I was extremely happy the last two weekends getting to play 400-point games, because that is the format that I am used to and feel more comfortable with. It's been more than four months though with primarily 200-point games and starting to feel a little like Armada Groundhog Day.

Hope you enjoyed the BATREP!

Thanks for the batrep. Seems a little frustrating because you deployed and flew well, but your dice were bad. At least you killed everything but Admo. Admo might be the reason why FFG set no squad limit for Task Force.

Personally I like Gozantis with Romodi. Point for point, two DCaps Gozantis are cheaper, harder to kill, give an extra deployment/activation, and just as effective in combat as an Arq. This would also allow for TRC or LTT (if you're worried about your evade getting overheated) on the two remaining Arqs. DTT just seems dead in the water as an upgrade now, even for an Arq.

Faction: Galactic Empire

Commander: General Romodi

Assault Objective: Most Wanted
Defense Objective: Asteroid Tactics
Navigation Objective: Infested Fields

[ flagship ] Arquitens-class Light Cruiser (54 points)
- General Romodi ( 20 points)
- Captain Needa ( 2 points)
- Turbolaser Reroute Circuits ( 7 points)
= 83 total ship cost

Arquitens-class Light Cruiser (54 points)
- Skilled First Officer ( 1 points)
- Turbolaser Reroute Circuits ( 7 points)
= 62 total ship cost

Gozanti-class Cruisers (23 points)
- Disposable Capacitors ( 3 points)
= 26 total ship cost

Gozanti-class Cruisers (23 points)
- Disposable Capacitors ( 3 points)
= 26 total ship cost

It happens. Thanks for the list suggestion; I'll have to try it at some point after the 4 x CR90B/GR-75 Combat Retrofit and 5 x HH lists (like I said, I getting a little bored, so I'm trying some weird things now).

While not specifically about Admonition (it was really about fully upgraded large ships, specifically a Starhawk build with three Salvo tokens that almost encourages disengagement), one of our group members recently floated the idea of having the tournament more closely follow RitR rules for starting fleets. This would mean that each ship could have only one non-unique upgrade and only two unique squadrons (there is still no squadron limit and the flotilla rules still applied). The proposal would adjust the strategy more towards deployment, maneuver, and objective play. To say the idea was not well received would be an understatement. At least in my community, people seem to really like their big, fully upgraded ships and they don't particularly care about objective play. Absolutely nothing wrong with building a list and playing like that, but it just seems that maybe we should just be playing at 400-points then.

Yeah, a Starhawk list or Pryce Squall could really dominate in the format. The issue with the Starhawk is that if the opponent has a bid, they could take second player and either take a 6-5 or better from ignoring the Starhawk and getting objective points. Pryce Squall has few downsides I can think of, but I don't like the idea of fighting the whole game from beyond long range or behind a dust cloud. I'm playing this game for fun dangit.