NEW POLICY CHANGES AT THE HART MEMORIAL ARENA (mafia)

By FortyInRed, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

Dear Team Captains,

As you are all aware, with Kenner's departure to take a position at SliqIce, I'm taking over as Interim Hockey Director at Hart Memorial. Things were a little lax under Ken's watch and I intend to change that. You are required to attend, or send a representative from your team, to a captain's meeting in a few days' time.

You may not bring alcohol to this meeting.

More to come,

Lowe Dog

---------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings! It's time for an Ice Hockey-themed Mafia game. Players will play the roles of team captain discussing some very....unpopular....changes to league policy. Hockey leagues throughout the world vary in rules, skill level, and competitiveness, but what unites all is a love for consuming alcohol before, after, and sometimes during the game. However at most rinks it is considered against league policy to do so, and it is ultimately up to the hockey director whether or not these rules are enforced....

Players often also form fierce allegiances to the rinks they play at, even if there is really no good reason for it other than "that's where I've always played". Players who leave a rink to go play at the rival are sometimes considered....scum...

There will be no killing in this game. Being dismissed from the league (vote), or being lured away (night kill) to go play at SliqIce fill this game mechanic.

In game, there are two teams:

Players (town)

Scum (mafia)

Usual rules apply, mafia wins when nothing can stop their victory. Town win when all threats to town are eliminated.

During "game day" (day), team captains will discuss and ultimately vote on who they think is violating league policy of drinking beer on rink premises. Whichever player receives the necessary number of votes will be sent away from the league (killed). In between games, during the "work week" (night), scum will attempt to lure captains to take their teams away to go play at SliqIce, where you can drink beer. This has the same function as a night kill. When a player is voted off or lured away, they won't be able to reply to the game thread or like posts, as normal.

Let me know if you're interested?

The first match of the league starts on 6/8 at 8 PM EST (or earlier if we fill quickly).

Lastly, I encourage you to stay in character. Hockey is a sport known for trash talking (chirps), boasting, and crazy celebrations (cellies). Consider this your primer:

don't watch this at work or around kids

@PodRacer in

@EbonHawk

@Lord Preyer

@GhostofNobodyInParticular in

@Madaghmire in

@The Jabbawookie in

@ovinomanc3r out

@Bertie Wooster

@LTD out

@CaribbeanNinja

Edited by FortyInRed

Puk yeah

36 minutes ago, PodRacer said:

Puk yeah

Icy what you did there.

In.

I'd like but I'm gonna pass this time. Finishing the school year, lot of work these week.

In!

Yeah ill try to pay more attention this time

##out

I can’t play these as the action inevitably happens at 2am and I can lynched in my sleep.

That said, I understand that the good old hockey game is the best game in the world.

2 hours ago, LTD said:

I can’t play these as the action inevitably happens at 2am and I can lynched in my sleep

That's the best time to lynch someone!

I agree, and if I were to be lynched in real life I would prefer not to know anything about it.

But in a game of Mafia, when people are shouting "why won't you claim!", and I'm in the land of nod, none-the-wiser, it is not ideal.

Then you get up, read through seven pages of posts, and find out you are dead on the last one. Very discouraging.

I'll do it.

**** Yeah **** farm **** Martians.

Edited by Bertie Wooster
53 minutes ago, FortyInRed said:

@Madaghmire @GhostofNobodyInParticular @The Jabbawookie @Bertie Wooster @PodRacer

Hi yous guys,

Thanks for showings up tonight. I was kinda hoping for more of the fellas to rep their team though. It's hard to decide the fates of the league with only 5 teams in attendance.

Should we postpone or move forward?

Lowe Dog

Unfortunately, breaking alcohol policy isn't as easy in such a small crowd......I mean...I vote we postpone until more players show.

same

No.

Bump.

Puck bump.

Bump again.

Still #in

@FortyInRed I'd be OK with just playing a small game with as many players as we can get.

Can't believe it's been 4 months since our last mafia game...

Still in.

Nope. Still out.