Homebrew Custom Ship Help

By Brother Fett, in X-Wing Epic Play

Hello! I need some help. I am making a custom medium/large (I haven't decided size yet) base ship. I want it to have a unique mechanic that allows the ship to equip a huge ship hardpoint. Any ideas how a standard ship could equip one of these and keep it balanced at the same time?

I was thinking having 3 charges that regen once per turn. If all your charges are active, you could spend all three to attack with an equiped hardpoint. I am trying to figure out clever ways to ignore or include the energy requirements. Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks!

My first thought is to limit the arc. Treat it as a bullseye attack instead of a turret attack. If you've got a whole huge ship turbolaser strapped to something which is more-or-less a Scurrg or Falcon, doesn't seem that strange to figure that you wouldn't really have a full targeting system.

For energy, I'd give the ship 3 energy, but it starts the game at 0 instead of full. This means the ship will have to avoid taking stress or doing things which remove energy, and won't automatically be able to attack right out the gate.

Also, make it cost like 15 points. That's how much a C-ROC has to spend to add a 2nd Hardpoint.