Oreet's House of Rebels and Imperials

By oreet, in Painting

So I haven't painted miniatures in 10+ years, so my Legion minis are my first painting attempt in a long time. I have a large collection of Imps and Rebs, so I'll be sharing photos of stuff as I finish them.

First up we have Bossk, posed ready to shred on a guitar.

OPpwgU2.jpg

Next up we have 2 squads of Fleet Troopers. Each squad is wearing a different shade of blue shirt to help keep them separated.

Squad 1:

uMwpRBn.jpg

Squad 2:

jvZloiY.jpg

Next up we have Chewbacca:

yKWgRov.jpg

And some of his Wookiee Friends:

WT0cToK.jpg

Then we have a fully magnetized Dewback. I can put either of the 2 riders on it, and each rider could use either of their weapon configurations:

phsNJxn.jpg

TsyVAow.jpg

9OAkfq2.jpg

Next up is a Legion of Storm Troopers

SvXcOtz.jpg

Very cool! How do you do those bases? is it gravel or sand?

Edited by Tidrewski Kolbehs

Next up is my Snowtroopers, painted as Imperial Galactic Marines. I also painted my E-Web unit this way, but they aren't quite finished yet.

01qe9FN.jpg

some great looking stuff there

Next we have Luke Skywalker. In the background is some previews of my most recent Legion purchases...

nShBasd.jpg

Nice! I like the color scheme on Luke.

The Galactic Marines brought along an E-Web Heavy Repeating Blaster.

JNLVDxs.jpg

Someone had asked about how I do my bases.

Here's the process:

1. Paint a layer of Elmer's white glue, and sprinkle The Army Painter's Brown Battleground basing

2. After the glue dries, brush on diluted Elmer's white glue (about 50/50 water and glue) to help seal/lock in the basing

3. Prime the base/miniature white

4. Heavily dry brush The Army Painter's Scaly Hide over the entire base

5. Once dried, heavily wash the base with The Army Painter's Blue Tone. This gives a weird/alien blue and green ground appearance. The Luke Skywalker model a few posts up is a good example of the alien world look I'm trying to go for.

6. Then, if Rebels, I paint the rim of the miniature with The Army Painter's Pure Red. If Imperials, The Army Painter's Ash Grey

7. Some of the larger models or named-character models will eventually get some foliate/shrubbery added to the bases to provide a bit more visual interest.

kzlS9Qj.jpg

Edited by oreet

So I've been busy with my 3d printer and terrain, that I haven't done much painting lately, but I just finished up Papa Sheev and 2 squads of his guards.

qZWJ0Zl.jpg

Next up are 2 Vaders and 2 squads of Deathtroopers.

So my "House of Rebels and Imperials" has grown to include Separatists and Republic. I sold a bunch of old RPG books to my local game store, and used the credit to buy myself 2 new armies.

**** these new minis on the sprues are difficult to assemble. It took forever to put 2 Droidekas together, with all those tiny fiddly bits...

Yeah, the Droidekas and B1s are quite fiddly. Um, enjoy? Good luck!

2 hours ago, Sharkbelly said:

Yeah, the Droidekas and B1s are quite fiddly. Um, enjoy? Good luck!

Don't get me wrong, they look amazing. The detail, the tiny parts, really makes them look great. Just a real pain to assemble.

After the 2 droidekkas, I decided to wait on assembling any more of the Clone Wars era minis. I should really focus on painting my GCW era minis first, since that's what we've been playing with.

We're doing a 1600 point Grand Army sized game on Sunday. Empire will have 3 unpainted units, Rebels will have 4 unpainted units.

So I just realized that I have a LOT of painted minis I never posted here.

We'll start with the solo minis:

Rebel Laser Cannon:

VJah4y8.jpg

K2SO:
xZgwLwl.jpg

Director Krennic:
89lxb51.jpg

Leia:
lSDiwb2.jpg

Rebel Sniper with the ability to curve bullets:
ON9DdLs.jpg

Snowspeeder:
u0yTYFw.jpg

Snowspeeder disassembled to show how I magnetized it for easy storage/transport:
5ae2Aqh.jpg

Han Solo:
6eQcPVD.jpg

2 Vaders, the one on the right is by far my favorite pose:
Cl3wiOd.jpg

Veers:
Debozfo.jpg

Next up we have 2 squads of Deathtroopers:

BdbKmtp.jpg

3 Shoretrooper mortar units (notice the bicep and shoulder armor, this will come into play in the next images):

AvAmWoG.jpg

3 squads of Shoretroopers. The bicep and shoulder armor colors are used to indicate which squad each mini belongs to:
CxMxl9C.jpg

hEjCLDW.jpg

Ck9bgM0.jpg

3vlZxMS.jpg

...and finally for today, 3 squads of Rebel Troopers. You'll notice each unit's clothing is different colors to differentiate the 3 units:

KYFXtn4.jpg

7ZoEGYr.jpg

FQg0x0T.jpg

wOuZtSq.jpg

Finished up a few Rebel minis this afternoon.

First, we have R2-D2 and C-3PO:
ZxoVDHj.jpg

Next we have a Medic Droid:
AIAlgKc.jpg

and finally, a pair of Rebel Trooper Captains:
Oe44tEV.jpg

So I posted about these guys in another thread, but here's my Non-Human Fleet Trooper squad.
From left to right, we have:

1. Bith
  2. Gotal
  3. Quarren
  4. Devaronian
  5. Togruta
  6. Twi'lek
  7. Bothan

iDfcUZR.jpg

The Gray and Purple color scheme was inspired by General Leia's outfit in The Force Awakens:
carrie-fisher-as-general-leia-in-star-wa

Next unit in my Rebel Diversification Project... Rodian Rebel Troopers. Ever since Star Wars Galaxies (early 2000s Star Wars MMORPG) where my main was a Rodian Ranger, I've always really loved the Rodians. So here's a full squad of Rodians.

BOdc2ud.jpg

There's also some Clone Wars era models in the background, but I was just on a role assembling models today.

Color test for my 2 other squads of Galactic Marines:

0kF6eTw.jpg

Under my light I use for painting, the blue and red appear a lot brighter than they do outside of direct spotlight. The blue squad is Army Painter's Deep Blue, and the red squad is Army Painter's Vampire Red

Here's two of the blue squad with the first coat of blue. Needs another coat to smooth the colors out, and once I add a wash, it'll be a bit darker. Overall I'm happy with this blue color. Obviously they aren't finished. I need to clean up the white parts, color the eyes and shoulder pads, and add washes and highlights.

0LK63FD.jpg

Rebel Officer and Rebel Comms Technician

DOKgjy4.jpg

Stacked soup cans?

30 minutes ago, ZealuxMyr said:

Stacked soup cans?

For "Recover the 'Souplies'"

41 minutes ago, Welshie13 said:

For "Recover the 'Souplies'"

This...

It's the first thing I ever 3d modeled from scratch, and printed them out over the weekend.