Helm of Secrecy

By Debaticus, in Rules questions & answers

The new Helm of Secrecy card reads "Limit 1 per deck. Action: Choose a hero you control and discard all tokens from it. Select a different non-, non- hero from your collection with a threat cost less than or equal to the chosen hero. Swap those heroes, moving all eligible attachments and damage tokens to the hero from your collection."

Does "different hero" mean that it has to be a different hero by name or could you switch a hero for a different version of that hero?

If it is a different version, much better to play thorongil. It cost 1 resource less and double your chosen hero abilities and spheres

That's a fair point. I actually hadn't heard about that card yet before I posted lol.

On 6/1/2020 at 11:08 AM, Halberto said:

If it is a different version, much better to play thorongil. It cost 1 resource less and double your chosen hero abilities and spheres

I'm not understanding this. An inside joke? Or is Thorongil shorthand for some card?

Anyway, I find it odd that Helm of Secrecy says to discard all tokens from it, which I would take to include damage tokens. But then the last line says to move damage token over, so apparently those are not to be removed. Odd phrasing, unless I'm missing something.

2 hours ago, JYoder said:

I'm not understanding this. An inside joke? Or is Thorongil shorthand for some card?

Anyway, I find it odd that Helm of Secrecy says to discard all tokens from it, which I would take to include damage tokens. But then the last line says to move damage token over, so apparently those are not to be removed. Odd phrasing, unless I'm missing something.

I meant that helm of secrecy cost 4 and let you change a hero for another one with equal or lower threat. Fine

Thorongil, coming in the last pack of the cycle, cost 3 and let you add to the chosen hero the sphere and abilities of a different version of the same hero in your collection. Essentially you get the same benefit of changing hero version plus the additional benefit of saving 1 resource AND maintaining the hero sphere and abilities.

Of course with the helm you can change the hero to a different one,not only to a different version, so the effect of the helm is much broader in terms of deckbuilding options and strategy.