Jedi battlemaster

By Rean411, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG

I’m curious to build a Jedi battlemaster, master of the 7 lightsaber forms start to finish. I was curious if there are any species or combinations you would recommend to get as many 3s or 4s at character creation as possible? This character would eventually become powerful at all lightsaber forms but like I said it is just a thought experiment.

edit: just to specify this is not a character that I would ever actually play. Certainly not using this exact build. Just kind of a fun challenge to find the amount of xp spent on a character if they followed the tradition of the Jedi battlemaster being a master of all lightsaber forms. I do realize that from a practical standpoint it is very subpar.

Edited by Rean411
Clarification on the goal of the build

Pantoran is pretty good for a starting characteristic spread. With 110 starting XP and a 322221 spread, you can get a 333322 without taking on Obligation/Morality bonus/spending Duty, or a 433222 with.

By the time you've got all those specs, you'll probably have enough Dedication to Boost the most useful stats sufficiently. I'd suggest starting out with a 333322 build and just tacking on Dedication as needed. Unless you start at really high XP, it'll take forever to get there and you won't have much in the way of Force Rating.

Of course. I forgot about pantorans

Like I said I’m just curious how much do it would take to make someone half decent with a lightsaber via characteristics and then having every lightsaber form tree filled out.

Edited by Rean411
Clarification

Pantoran are 222213, right?

41 minutes ago, Rean411 said:

Like I said I’m just curious how much do it would take to make someone half decent with a lightsaber via characteristics and then having every lightsaber form tree filled out.

To completely fill out a tree, you'd need 300 XP. If you only need to fill out most of the tree, lets say it'll take an average of 200. 200*7=1,400, but then you add in the cost to acquire the spec, and it's 0+20+40+50+60+70+80=320 XP, for a total of 1,700 if you ignore skills. Say 200 XP for skills, that puts you up to 1,900 XP total. With 7 Dedication and the four Characteristics+1, you can get a 444443 spread (with a Force Rating of 1, since I don't think any of the lightsaber trees have the Force Rating talent).

You'd be best off probably putting 3 in most of the characteristics, buffing a single characteristic up to 6 (probably Willpower), and having a "secondary" bladework characteristic that you increase to 4. My reasoning for this is that you want the best characteristic you can get for most lightsaber checks. Put it in the one that has the best bonuses for talents that key off of "Make a Lightsaber (Characteristic) check" so that you'll be able to trigger them most easily. The secondary one is because you can, and there's probably a good secondary option, maybe Brawn, that has some abilities you want to be able to trigger reliably.

3 minutes ago, dreenan said:

Pantoran are 222213, right?

Yes, but with 110 XP, you can get a really efficient characteristic build. I listed them as "322221" because I wasn't actually listing how their stats lined up, but the dispersal of values.

Thanks

Getting every lightsaber form is counter productive...

Get the jedi knight spec, it covers soresu pretty well, you want niman disciple, you might want to dip into makashi duelist for resist disarm, shi cho is useful (you might want to with most of it, and you can use the talents with all other forms), skip shien, ataru is worthwhile, have willpower and agility high. I'd skip juyo. If your GM will let you use quick path to power do it, otherwise start in padawan go for force rating then into knight to the bottom of knight tack on peerless interception signature ability, then go niman, then ataru, then shi cho.

7 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Getting every lightsaber form is counter productive...

Get the jedi knight spec, it covers soresu pretty well, you want niman disciple, you might want to dip into makashi duelist for resist disarm, shi cho is useful (you might want to with most of it, and you can use the talents with all other forms), skip shien, ataru is worthwhile, have willpower and agility high. I'd skip juyo. If your GM will let you use quick path to power do it, otherwise start in padawan go for force rating then into knight to the bottom of knight tack on peerless interception signature ability, then go niman, then ataru, then shi cho.

Good to note if I ever try to play it.

Edited by Rean411
Autocorrect

The point of the lightsaber forms are to use different attributes for attacks, and what your combat focus is one. Buying all would take for ever and you would gain much from them. The most i would take is 2 if they have good abilities for your character, and your primary stats match.

Jedi knight and Palawan are good ro help round out you fighting abilities since these are careers when battle for the Jedi was constant.

The way the game is designed, I honestly believe anything more than one combat-focused spec is probably overkill.

To fit your concept, I would suggest the Jedi career and your favorite combat tree to flavor.

For instance: As someone who wanted to play a samurai-esque character, I took the Jedi career and the Ataru Striker tree. Fantastic in combat, but not stymied in other areas.

To be honest this was totally started as just a thought in how much do would be required to get all of the form trees maxed out. Now after reading the great advice I might actually have to make one of these builds. Thanks for all the input guys and yes I do agree. All 6 specs put together would be ridiculous and unbalanced/ boring because it would likely have very little flavour outside of combat.