Star Wars Me: If I Were A 2000 Earned XP Jedi

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG

I tweaked the build to be more uber (still raw legal... after a repulsor fist was scavenged for parts to build into a different cybernetic), i removed superior from armor to keep the soak at 6 (7+ is cheese in my book) and got a weapon mount attachment that let me integrate the energy buckler into the armor reducing encumbrance by 2 and once per encounter giving an attack as a maneuver (surprise use of the energy buckler) oh and dropped a toughened from niman and got two 5 xp talents (toughened and defensive stance) which correspond to bleeding out (unarmed parry slit his wrist left him bleeding out and he then had to quickly cut cautorize the wound with his saber... so unarmed parry left him "unarmed")

http://www.mediafire.com/file/uct9osy76nutgmx/KelitahLaterius2000EarnedXpLeftHandCraftedRepulsorFistUber.pdf/file

This guy is hot.

I keep meaning to create more NPCS/back up chars.

4 hours ago, Luahk said:

This guy is hot.

I keep meaning to create more NPCS/back up chars.

Give me some concepts with matching allowed xp levels and I'll give it a shot.

My original Luahk reached High XP but its sort offffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff hard to challenge yourself without going for absurd goals at that point.

The Jedi Trees are gamechangers....especially with the recovery of strain as a manouvre based on FR and automatic successes.

2 hours ago, Luahk said:

My original Luahk reached High XP but its sort offffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff hard to challenge yourself without going for absurd goals at that point.

The Jedi Trees are gamechangers....especially with the recovery of strain as a manouvre based on FR and automatic successes.

I'm running an alternate universe clone wars play by post where the original players started with 900 earned xp and I've been handing out about 5 xp per week for over a year now. I have no problems challenging my players when I want/need to.

Anyway give me a concept that you would like to play?

Edited by EliasWindrider

Super force rated character. ALmost entirely forgoing lightsaber combat because he believes the force is all he needed.

35 minutes ago, Luahk said:

Super force rated character. ALmost entirely forgoing lightsaber combat because he believes the force is all he needed.

How much xp.

For species you want

https://star-wars-rpg-ffg.fandom.com/wiki/Phydolon

Put the species skill rank in discipline

4 in willpower and brawn (for minimal lightsaber) , 1 in presence 2's in everything else

Career; mystic, starting spec is seer, put spec starting skill ranks in discipline and vigilance

Put career starting skill ranks in coercion, perception, and vigilance

You want the unmatched destiny signature ability.

Pair with ascetic

For a little lightsaber add on look at

Force sensitive outcast

Sentry

Padawan

Edited by EliasWindrider

On 10/20/2020 at 3:37 AM, EliasWindrider said:

How much xp.

On 10/19/2020 at 8:01 PM, Luahk said:

On 10/19/2020 at 8:37 PM, EliasWindrider said:

How much xp.

On 10/21/2020 at 4:35 PM, Luahk said:

On 10/19/2020 at 10:15 PM, EliasWindrider said:

For species you want

https://star-wars-rpg-ffg.fandom.com/wiki/Phydolon

Put the species skill rank in discipline

4 in willpower and brawn (for minimal lightsaber) , 1 in presence 2's in everything else

Career; mystic, starting spec is seer, put spec starting skill ranks in discipline and vigilance

Put career starting skill ranks in coercion, perception, and vigilance

You want the unmatched destiny signature ability.

Pair with ascetic

For a little lightsaber add on look at

Force sensitive outcast

Sentry

Padawan

http://www.mediafire.com/file/lytb4uy4zmxi2e7/LuahkMystic.pdf/file

I'd actually recommend padawan as you next spec... adds a lot a career skills (including mechanics and a well rounded) a cheap force rating and dedication and lets you add a *little* lightsaber.

If the character is a darkside character i'd recommend replacing the lightsaber crystal with a corrupted crystal... i think there's a bug in the generator and that the seeker crystal costs 2 instead of 0 hp.

Btw it's important to keep this character at 2 enc or less.... so he/she can benefit from iron soul empty soul and mind bleed.

Empty soul adss one white and one dark fp to each roll, so it's almost like a 5th force rating.

Edited by EliasWindrider

@Luahk what did you think of the force wizard build?

I love Sentry/Ascetic
I think ascetic is silly strong and difficult to ignore. But impossible fall a litterall superhero landing is the besssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssst.

I was intrigued by your force power selection. I appreciate move is -strong- but I still like other options and I personally would've sacrificed some to go more into those.

27 minutes ago, Luahk said:

I love Sentry/Ascetic
I think ascetic is silly strong and difficult to ignore. But impossible fall a litterall superhero landing is the besssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssst.

I was intrigued by your force power selection. I appreciate move is -strong- but I still like other options and I personally would've sacrificed some to go more into those.

The mystic' unmatched destiny is the signature ability for force wizards. I haven't entered it but you get to reroll force dice, and other ways to get more pips..

But generally getting to add force dice to most skill checks allows you to avoid putting xp into skills and it's good to be able to commit all but one force die when you're doing alchemical crafting to avoid nasty side effects, having 2 for agility and enhance agility boost is a good way to commit a lot of force dice (up to 4). If I had to ditch a power from th list it'd be bind

Elias,

This is awesome.

If I just wanted a hardcore lightsaber fighter with some light utility skills (like maybe negotiation) - what would you recommend?

Also, what are you using to make those character sheets?

Thanks!

On 10/30/2020 at 6:38 PM, DragonTX said:

Elias,

This is awesome.

If I just wanted a hardcore lightsaber fighter with some light utility skills (like maybe negotiation) - what would you recommend?

Also, what are you using to make those character sheets?

Thanks!

Oggdude's generator (see the "another character generator" thread in the eote forum) made the sheets.

If jedi career is an option (clone wars books)

Best option is padawan top 2 rows minus sense danger, plus valuable facts, then force rating adaptable, dedication,

Knight: most of the tree plus the peerless interception signature ability

Mist of niman disciple

Human starting with 3's in brawn, intellect, cunning and willpower

At least 2 dedications go into willpower last is either willpower or intellect

Force powers

Ebb/flow with the extra strain upgrade

enhance (all but commit to boost brawn)

Move (2 strength, 2 magnitude, 2 range, hurl, pull)

Farsight (beeline to add force dice to perception and vigilance)

Influence basic, magnitude, skills

Seek basic only

Maybe a little forsee

Maybe manipulate for adding force die to mechanics

For ultimate economy which may not be an option use short path to power optional rule from collapse of the republic to start in knight with 3's in brawn intellect and willpower. The rest of advice is the same.

Elias,

Thanks for the reply: super helpful and pretty close to the path I had charted out.

Having read through a lot of stuff at this point, you seem to be a big advocate of Ebb/Flow -> was wondering what you love about it and any guidance on how to efficiently use it?

Also, taking force powers: would you fill out Padawan to FR first then a force power then knight? Or what order do you recommend? Especially if Knight might be gated by RP, which force powers would be good to start with in terms of bang for buck in early play?

7 hours ago, DragonTX said:

Elias,

Thanks for the reply: super helpful and pretty close to the path I had charted out.

Having read through a lot of stuff at this point, you seem to be a big advocate of Ebb/Flow -> was wondering what you love about it and any guidance on how to efficiently use it?

Also, taking force powers: would you fill out Padawan to FR first then a force power then knight? Or what order do you recommend? Especially if Knight might be gated by RP, which force powers would be good to start with in terms of bang for buck in early play?

For Ebb/flow just the basic power and the strain upgrade. Use it on every roll to recover strain it gives you extra maneuvers.

If you have 2 force dice.... ebb/flow is the most useful power.

If you have 3 force the 2 most useful powers are move and enhance

If you have 1 force die and never plan to get peerless interception, the most useful force power is sense defense for the sense defense double upgrade. But having to commit the die makes it hard to use everything else so maybe skip it entirely to not waste xp.

Ebb / Flow is the most useful Force Power whatever your Force Rating or your F&D specialities. Just read the long text description of the base power and it's upgrade. You can manage strain and recover it quite easily. Given how using the Force, with Talent or Power, cost strain; It's invaluable to be able to recover strain quickly.

In 6'6" and poor, so would that make me a Colossus/Ascetic? 😅

2 hours ago, StriderZessei said:

In 6'6" and poor, so would that make me a Colossus/Ascetic? 😅

Yeah

That is a crazy build.

What would you do with 100xp as a padawan if you wanted to be combat effective without access to a lightsaber - take the FR in the tree and get a lot of Move?

On 11/18/2020 at 10:10 AM, DragonTX said:

That is a crazy build.

What would you do with 100xp as a padawan if you wanted to be combat effective without access to a lightsaber - take the FR in the tree and get a lot of Move?

Can't you get a training saber or ancient sword?

Move isn't reliable enough with fewer than 3 force dice.... I'd say either brawl with enhance or a blaster pistol. Green nikto are great brawlers (claws help significantly)