Star Wars Me: If I Were A 2000 Earned XP Jedi

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG

so for fun, I decided to stat myself if I were a 2000 earned xp Jedi, and I'd like to see your builds too, the rules are the build has to be similar to you (or a younger you at your physical prime) with jedi stuff layered on, it has to be RAW and all optional rules in any official book is fair game. For example, when I was 4 years old and someone asked me what I wanted to do when I grew up my answer was "make planes," I have a master's in aeronautics and astronautics, and a PhD in mechanical engineering, but I function as a computational scientist/applied mathematician. So based on love of things that fly I figured I'd be a corellian human, and my technical background I figured I needed Artisan in my (jedi) background, and I'd have a massively tricked out saber. As a deeply spiritual person with theological tendencies I figured, Force adherent and I'd be a jedi consular in universe so I went wtih niman-disciple for the lightsaber form. Jedi Knight because of the supposition of "if I were a Jedi." When I was younger, I had incredibly fast reflexes (good fast coarse control of my appendages) and I had good slow control of my fingers, but not good fast fine control of fingers, so I figured agility 2, with good initiative. I was an athlete when I was younger (at age 18 I had 3% body fat), cross country and track, I got injured a few times running (hyper extended leg, badly sprained ankle that kept be out for the season ) so a few scar talents, 2 ranks of athletics, brawn 3. I also studied Karate for a year, which was partly responsible for the incredibly fast reflexes. High Willpower is because incredible patience and resistance to stress. Intellect... I usually score 145 on IQ tests, 148 or 149 on a good day, so a hair short of genius level IQ, so intellect 5 and not 6.

and yeah the lightsaber is crazy tricked out, crafting alone requires 2 triumphs and 6 advantage, but with 5 int, 3 mechanics, 2 boosts from mental tools and inventor, adding 5 force dice via the manipulate force power mechanics upgrade, then there's master artisan to decrease the difficulty and natural tinkerer for a reroll, and a jedi multi tool which adds an advantage, it should be doable in about 10 to 20 attempts, and like I said I'm tremendously patient and like to tinker,

the 5 mods on the christophis crystal, 3 normally allowed before impossible difficulty, but personalized inlay (crafting upgrade) reduces the difficulty by 1 to get me the 4th, and master artisan decreases the difficulty once to get me the 5th. regarding the ability to make the check, the positive dice pool is 3 yellow, 2 green, 2 blue, and 5 white with a reroll, so yeah even 5 purple checks are doable without too much problems, and the reduce critical rating mod is the last one attempted and there are 2 of those mods and I only need to make one, so there are 4 chances to make the 5 purple check when the dice pool is already stacked in my favor.

the cyclic crystal array and damping emitter are by default synced to that the christophsis crystal is without damping and the dragite gem is with damping. the listed 10 damage is for the dragite crystal. base damage with the christopshis crystal is 12 thanks to superior and the extended hilt.

the extended hilt qualifies for when desired two handed weapon, and thus qualifies the force adherent's extended reach talent (i was surprised at the synergy), and the niman disciples draw closer and force adherents push aside make for nice battle field control, but I didn't set out to make an optimized lightsaber duelist (and if peerless interception isn't active he won't dominate a lightsaber duel)

the energy buckler is a surprise weapon the star wars me also has on hand and it's seriously tricked out as well. so star wars me has a bunch of gadget tricks up his sleeve.

as a corellian jedi, star wars me naturally flies a fast corellian ship that has been seriously tricked out.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/vvc6brg8c19vdv1/StarWarsMeIfIWereA2000EarnedXpJedi.pdf/file http://www.mediafire.com/file/vvc6brg8c19vdv1/StarWarsMeIfIWereA2000EarnedXpJedi.pdf/file

so that's the justification for the 2000 earned xp Jedi version of me.

let's see star wars you builds.

I know a bunch of you have been reading this, I'd like to see the 2000 earned xp jedi versions of you (at your physical peak).

You like high xp builds don't you? The moment I see it I look at Niman and draw closer. Seems unreasonable to ignore that.

2 hours ago, Luahk said:

You like high xp builds don't you? The moment I see it I look at Niman and draw closer. Seems unreasonable to ignore that.

Always have a plan to work toward in an efficient way so that the character will be effective at fulfilling the concept at all points along the journey regardless of when the campaign ends because they never last as long as you think they will... but this one was an Intellectual exercise rather than something I intended to play.

If you want a protagonists jedi as broadly capable as obiwan our Anakin in aotc you need about a 1000 earned xp if you go niman-disciple disciple and optimize for broad utility... you need a few hundred more xp for any other lightsaber form.

I do like niman disciple because it's the form spec with the highest utility and is second best offensively (behind ataru striker which has the second highest utility). Draw closer comes in behind Hawkbat swoop and saber swarm for damage dealing and lets you grab a jetpack character and bring them close enough to hit with a saber. Except for saber throw a flying character is otherwise immune to lightsabers. So yeah I like the utility. Not sure about the point you were making by mentioning it.

Do you have a preffered build at 'Knight level' @EliasWindrider

13 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

Draw closer comes in behind Hawkbat swoop and saber swarm for damage dealing and lets you grab a jetpack character and bring them close enough to hit with a saber. Except for saber throw a flying character is otherwise immune to lightsabers

Or you can use a Force Power to Force Jump on the flying character. No need for Niman Disciple for that.

1 hour ago, WolfRider said:

Or you can use a Force Power to Force Jump on the flying character. No need for Niman Disciple for that.

The problem there is you generally can't move *while* attacking so if you end your maneuver in the air, you take falling damage.

6 hours ago, Luahk said:

Do you have a preffered build at 'Knight level' @EliasWindrider

If you mean 150 earned xp, use quick path to power to start jedi knight. Human with 3's in brawn, intellect and willpower. 2 starting skill ranks in lightsaber. 1 starting rank each in discipline and negotiation. For the last starting rank either lore or cool. For human ranks mechanics and vigilance.

If you can't use quick/short path to power start padawan and beeline for the force rating through valuable facts. You might want to do this even if quick path to power (collapse of the republic) is an option because it's the more powerful option, (effectively get 2 dedications out of it one in an attribute at 2, quick draw means you don't need the magnetic weapon tether attachment, you probably want to.boost cunning or maybe agility with the starting 30 xp you didn't spend on quick path to power, actual dedication in padawan should probably be put in willpower t ou boost vigilance and discipline at this point)... but to economize xp for the 150 knight level it's more efficient (faster path to concept) to start with knight via quick path to power.

With xp buy up skill ranks in lightsaber, mechanics, discipline and vigilance up to reach 3 ranks in each. Maybe buy negotiation to 2 ranks but you don't want to sink a lot of xp into skills because there are cheaper ways for reliably good skill checks (force powers that let you add dice, and attribute upgrades)

3 yellow is a hair better than 4 green, either is the minimum requirement for being good at something (force and boost dice can let you compensate though)

Eventually use left column of enhance to compensate for low agility later (whenever needed, e.g. pilot gunner etc, can commit force dice, plural, to temporarily raise agility by an equal amount.)

You eventually want force leap as a maneuver when you can get it because with 2 maneuvers and an action you can get to any location in extreme range in 1 round)

Sense defense may or may not be worth it since you're starting with 2 force dice rather than one. Ebb/flow with the control upgrade for an extra point of strain recovery is probably the most effective initial force power when you start with 2 dice.

If you can start with a scar talent (last 2 pages of aor forged in battle) take sixth sense for 10 xp.

For amor get concealing robes with armor inserts (which when modded is 2 soak and 2 defense for 650 credits and another 200 for mods)

You wanted 3 ranks in the mechanic skill to craft a decent lightsaber (triumphs are your friend. You want fine tuned emitter, personalized design and if you can get it customizable for an extra hardpoint) If you have your choice of crystal take either the christophsis crystal (one of the clone wars books.... I think collapse of the republic) or dragite gem. You might want to dip into the manipulate force power later to get to add force dice to mechanics checks too which would make getting customizable easier.

In knight go for improved reflect, and force rating and dedication. Boost willpower.

Get move after having 3 force dice, 2 magnitude, 2 strength, 1 range, hurl and pull

this is probably a good time to go down the right side of enhance for force leap as a maneuver.

Probably good to go to farsight power and the I think 2 upgradeds needed to add force dice to vigilance and perception

Probably a good time to get the influence basic porce power, magnitude upgrade and skill upgrade.

Fill down the jedi tree maybe skip side by side if their is no other pc with a lightsaber in the party. You may want to skip the 20 xp reflect but that depends on how long you expect the campaign to last.

Get everything else in the knight tree and get the peerless interception signature ability. Grab all of the upgrades to peerless interception. If you have the to dragite gem you want to be activating concussive 2 for the free activation on the free improved parry activation.

Then go niman disciple. Again boost willpower with the dedication.

Be strategic in your path to draw closer and force assault (you may get to skip a 20 xp talent)

After getting draw closer and the force rating if you haven't filled out all the control skill upgrades in enhance grab them now.

If you expect the campaign to lasts long enough for a third spec it should either be jedi master or padawan-survivor universal spec from dawn of rebellion. I you choose master you might want to be buy it at the same time as niman disciple to save xp on improved center of being.

For the dedication in the third spec put it in either willpower to be a badass or intelect to be better out of combat.

With 4 intellect 4 ranks in mechanics and the mastery upgrade to mechanics, it's not terribly difficult to get another 2 triumph during lightsaber crafting and adding an integral attachment (e.g. superior or Heartwood hilt from unlimited power)

For other gear you want a jedi utility belt (which comes with a lot of zer enc gear), 5 stimpacks, 2 emergency repair patches (to seal blast doors by slapping one over the seam), 2 field rations, condenser (2 enc, so you always have water) and alchemically craft the protective amulet... pro tip. Commit all but one force die to the enhance agility upgrade before crafting a protective amulet so to you don't have to deal with the negative effects of black pips during alchemical crafting. Another pro tip... the protective amulet will let you go on the exterior hull of a starship in space so in a climactic duel where you're outmatched you can slash the view port on the star cruiser/station and either escape or kill the big bad.

When you can afford it get the superior attachment for you concealing robes with armor inserts 1 hardpoint, which means you have 3 soak from armor plus 3 from brawn which is respectable while staying just under my cheese threshold (7 soak or more is cheese unless your a mandalorian which makes it thematic but in my games you can have at most 2 out of the 3... force sensitivity, lightsaber, cortosis.... for balance reasons)

In terms of lightsaber attachments decide early whether you want to go with a dragite gem and damping emitter (for the poor man's cyclic crystal array) or a cyclic crystal array with a dragite gem, christophsis crystal and kimber stone.

Unless there is a weird mechanic you want to exploit you should be looking at custom grip, superior, and magnetic weapon tether as attachments. The heartwood hilt and phased blade and ghost fire crystal are cheese in my opinion so I ban them and avoid them.

If you ever need a cybernetic, get a repulsor fist (lords of nal hutta), reasons: you are then always equipped with a brawl weapon so the 2 ranks of defensive training always apply. It's also a get out of jail free card/lock pick to get your gear out of a locker.

For another ace in the hole, consider getting an energy buckler. It's a useful emergency weapon (melee) and can raise your ranged defense from 3 to the max allowable 4.

If you want a blaster, I'd recommend crafting one at the beginning of the game to save credits (3 yellow dice in mechanics is nothing to sneeze at). Later on I'd recommend a dragoon cavalry blaster (stay on target) with a custom grip and I think the name of it is electronic sighting system, between those 2 attachments and the dragoons on accurate 1, you can get 3 blue dice. For a third attachment (using reverse engineering from fully operational if needed I forget whether the dragoon has 2 or 3 hp) get the ascension gone (using for stopping a fall or from being blown out into space). The dragoon is also a useful weapon to loan out because it can be used with either ranged light or ranged heavy, although the custom grip decreases it's usefulness as a loaner weapon so you might want to go with superior rather than a custom grip on the dragoon.

Depending on the context of the game (not so much for clone wars jedi) you should probably be looking at the kst-100 for the party ship (dawn of rebellion). It is in my opinion the best RAW legal eote starting ships (at 120K it meets the 120K or less credits starting ship requirements). Not everything on it is awesome but nothing is worse than "meh" (hyperdrive, armor, sensors twin light laser cannons are meh) but it meets minimum requirements in all areas without attachments which few ships do. I have a base speed of 4 as a requirement so I can add a high output ion turbine to get it to 5 (as fast as a tie fighter). And in my opinion it looks freaking cool.

now all of the above advice is strictly mechanical considerations under the assumption that you want to make a generic movie protagonist jedi. It should be considered secondary to roleplaying/character concept which is far more important.

Edited by EliasWindrider

If you don't want to play a jedi the advice will of course be different. For example

If you want a force sensitive but otherwise stereotypical smuggler

Start Pantoran with 4 in agility, 3 in cunning and presence and 2 in every else start sentinel:racer, then go hot shot (stay on target) and finish either with sage or padawan (you would be taking padawan for the career skills and cheap force rating/dedication not the lightsaber stuff)

The kst-100 is a super appropriate ship for this concept.

Edited by EliasWindrider

@EliasWindrider I cannot use the Jedi trees to start unfortunately.

9 minutes ago, Luahk said:

@EliasWindrider I cannot use the Jedi trees to start unfortunately.

What's your character concept? I'll try to build to it.

If you want a traditional lightsaber and force powers jedi and can't use the jedi career then look at

Consular: niman-disciple/sentry

Sentinel: sentry/niman-disciple

Those are same specs but get you slightly different career skills and different signature abilities

Sentry gets you constant vigilance, impossible fall, improved reflect and some stuff to boost initiative checks senses and sneakyness. Niman-disciple is a good foundation.

Ataru striker + sage/seeker/hermit (choose the one of those you like best)

Warrior:steelhand adept/niman disciple (going for the unmatched ferocity signature ability wanted a force rating and parry from the spec so steelhand adept rather than shi-cho knight... the precision strike, unarmed parry [which you only need one freehand to use], improved dodge are nice for a lightsaber duelist, and draw closer from niman helps you pull off unmatched ferocity... so once per game session you can play rocket tag against an ataru striker and probably win because of higher willpower meaning a good initiative vigilance check) I think a green nikto would be a good species for that combo... I played it with human and a repulsor fist [character was ported in from an RCR campaign, he was a blast to play for rp reasons and was mechanically useful in most situations) for a third spec try sentry. If you want something mechanically interesting skip sentry and dip into force adherant for push aside, extended reach, and as the force wills it. Precision strike is free because you got it in steelhand adept.... for the full effect you need the extended hilt attachment... because it makes a saber a 1 or 2 handed weapon (you only get the +1 damage when wielding in two hands) but that let's you use both unarmed parry and extended reach by narratively switching from a one handed to two handed grip to attack and back again... it's raw legal but your GM might want you to take a dual phase attachment for extra narrative justification of the extended reach. Beyond being able to strike targets in short range you can yoyo opponents with draw closer and push aside.... it's unclear whether extended reach expands the eligible targets for unmatched ferocity, draw closer does not here's my question and sam Stewart's answer

Rules Question:
Hi assuming a warrior:shii-cho knight/niman-disciple build with the unmatched ferocity signature ability attached to shii-cho knight with the change skill lightsaber and change target upgrades... I believe Draw closer can be used against against an engaged target so even under a strict reading this should just let you add force dice -> successes to make chaining unmatched ferocity attacks a little easier, can you confirm that this is the case? Draw closer also potentially allows you to move adversaries at short or medium range to you. When using the the change target upgrade to unmatched ferocity, would the determination of legal targets for unmatched ferocity happen before or after the application of draw closer? If unmatched ferocity automatically stops when there are no targets engaged to you, could you when there was one engaged target left use draw closer on a different targets to draw more into engaged range and thus continue attacking with unmatched ferocity that way?

Your interpretation of Draw Closer as-written is correct. However, your GM could limit your use of this ability if they felt you were violating the spirit of the talent.

However, Unmatched Ferocity specifies that it only works against engaged targets. Therefore, the rest of the question is moot, because you can’t use Draw Closer to pull a target to your character, then continue to use Unmatched Ferocity against them. You also can’t use Draw Closer to pull someone in and then attack someone who was already engaged.

Hope that helps!

Sam Gregor-Stewart

It's unclear about extended reach because the talent didn't exist at the time so engaged was anyone you could reach with a lowercase melee weapon at that point and that may have been the definition of engaged in use.

You might be interested in the following

Rules Question:
Suppose a niman disciple with draw closer has ebb/flow Can they be used on the same roll? I know you wouldn't get to add the force dice twice (because it's far to abusable) but could they share dice between the power and talent, for example if they have a white pip that they don't need to hit the target can they use it to get a strain (or 2 depending on upgrades) back?

You may, but you would not add the Force dice twice (as you noted).

Hope this helps!

Sam Gregor-Stewart

RPG Manager

Fantasy Flight Games

2,000 xp?

Aaaaaggghhh… Now you've got me wanting to see what a certai togruta Mystic might look like at that XP level... darn you, Elias!! :P

I may be back soon-ish...

18 hours ago, Absol197 said:

2,000 xp?

Aaaaaggghhh… Now you've got me wanting to see what a certai togruta Mystic might look like at that XP level... darn you, Elias!! :P

I may be back soon-ish...

Hi Absol... glad to see you around.... it's been a while since I've seen you post but I've been mostly restricting myself to FAD forum until yesterday

That wasn't a character that I'd necessarily choose to play if I got to play a 2000 earned xp character, it's what real life me would look like if I were a 2000 earned xp jedi. If I could play any 2000 earned xp jedi character it'd probably be this one

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wtnwx88i53n4h0e/KelitahLaterius2000EarnedXpUber.pdf/file

Actually from that build I'd probably drop the 3 upgrades to sense pick up 10 xp toughened from padawan and niman and a 10 xp parry from knight.

The point of sense defense double upgrade was to increase the chances of activating improved parry/reflect against a serious opponent via despair but it'd only a return on investment 1 out of 6 attacks on average most combat encounters are over in under 6 rounds and with peerless interception I can activate either on demand once per round for 2 encounters per session and I don't expect more than 2 encounters with big bad opponents in a session.

Btw I actually rolled to craft the lightsaber in the this pdf it took me 6 attempts and 400 credits (before attachments) to craft that lightsaber (did it on the dice app and took a screenshot as proof) was short 2 advantage on the first attempt so I got a second empty saber just like it minus a hardpoint.

My other star wars hobby is custom sabers (light up polycarbonate blades) and I've commissioned a saber from starfall sabers that would be appropriate to this character. My current saber is a vaders vault (company in Cummings GA 19 minutes from my Dad's house) rev-n elite with some custom machining and the pommel from a havoc, it's got black leather battle wrap and copper accents. I was going for a simple elegance so that it would be appropriate to either the Kelitah Windrider or Elias Windrider characters (Kelitah Windrider being the KotOR era ancestor of Elias Windrider, Kelitah Windrider is warrior steelhand adept/niman disciple with the unmatched ferocity signature ability, and he spouts fortune cookie wisdom and has a repulsor fist... both Elias Windrider and Kelitah Windrider were converted from characters that started under wotc RCR) this is the rev-n elite (color changing blade, people at VV took the picture with blade set to red, I usually have it set to white with a blue flash on clash, I was envisioning a thunder and lightning ste effect)

IMG950100.jpg

this is me reviewing the saber in june 2019

And here's a video of my son playing with it when my wife was pregnant with my daughter

Edited by EliasWindrider

The lightsaber I've commissioned is a cross between this

received-1290607601328738.jpg

And this

FB-IMG-1598331432433.jpg

A high end hero-flex Frankensaber with copper accents, and double crystal reveal and shine through graflex glass eye. No control box.

Blade Color on the toy will of course be adjustable of course but for the character Kelitah Laterius I'm thinking green.

Edited by EliasWindrider
On 10/6/2020 at 9:36 PM, EliasWindrider said:

What's your character concept? I'll try to build to it.

I'm going to play in the Sith academy....tomorrow xD

I have my lazy force based character I usually use but I felt the urge to do something different. That said I've no idea how long the campaign will last since usually i'm not a player so I wanted something effective from the drop in.

I've got 355 to spend (including starting xp) so i'm struggling a little bit.

If you're looking for something out of the box for the novelty you could do a steelhand adept/doctor with enhance and pressure point for about that much xp.... a kind of shaolin monk character... Kelitah Windrider was kind of in that vein.... I got several pages of fortune cookie type quotes (most taken from the old king fu tv show) that I'd arranged topically thematically and I'd read one of them at every opportunity... it was a hoot.

How much earned xp or is it xp that's set?

Edited by EliasWindrider
1 hour ago, Luahk said:

I have my lazy force based character I usually use but I felt the urge to do something different. That said I've no idea how long the campaign will last since usually i'm not a player so I wanted something effective from the drop in.

I've got 355 to spend (including starting xp) so i'm struggling a little bit.

try this

http://www.mediafire.com/file/up2vs1u3v4rjp5w/Luahk.pdf/file

The character should be effective out of the box. With 25 more xp you can purchase a dedication

You have zero reliance on gear and a ranged attack out of the box.

Crit for 1 advantage and use improved precision strike for overpowered to get a free attack.

As a follow up get ascetic and doctor.

Doctor for pressure point which ignores soak and can provide medicine ranks (up to 5).bonus damage.

Edited by EliasWindrider
1 minute ago, Luahk said:

this is cool

I edited the post see the advice

8 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

try this

http://www.mediafire.com/file/up2vs1u3v4rjp5w/Luahk.pdf/file

The character should be effective out of the box. With 25 more xp you can purchase a dedication

You have zero reliance on gear and a ranged attack out of the box.

Crit for 1 advantage and use improved precision strike for overpowered to get a free attack.

As a follow up get ascetic and doctor.

Doctor for pressure point which ignores soak and can provide medicine ranks (up to 5).bonus damage.

You want to use ebb flow on every action (if you have extra white pips you can recover strain). Improved dodge gives you huge mobility.

Eventually you want most of the enhance power tree (skip the brawn upgrade you won't need it) influence for the skills upgrade, farsight for the perception and vigilance upgrade.

Put brawl and vigilance to 3 ranks.

If you want more parry go shi-cho knight but a dip into doctor for pressure point (skip anatomy lessons since you only have 2 int) and a dedication should come before that. Also ascetic is a great fit for this... empty soul (free pips for powers like ebb flow which you can use on every action to recover strain, enhance) iron soul, and mind bleed (if you want a little darkside). Force protection is essentially worthless, you have to buy one rank skip the other. Oh yeah

You'll need the bottom row dodge in steelhand adept to unlock unmatched ferocity signature ability which is pretty potent.

Oh if you ever lose a hand replace it with a repulsor fist, this dev answered question will probably help

Rules Question:
Hi Assuming a warrior:steel-hand-adept with the warriors "Unmatched ferocity" signature ability attached to it. if you have the change skill brawl upgrade and the repulsorfist cybenetic can you use the repulsor fist as one attack made as part of unmatched ferocity? given that it has slow firing does that mean that after using the repulsorfist as the first attack you have to stop attacking or can you normally punch them with or without (which?) the cybernetic/repulsorfist hand. Thanks for your time.

Hello Keith,

As written, you could potentially use the repulsor fist for all attacks that round, based on how Slow-Firing works. However, you should clear that with your GM first, with the understanding that they may not allow it.

Hope that helps!

Sam Gregor-Stewart

RPG Department Manager

Fantasy Flight Games

I just thought of something.... how does far strike and a repulsor fist interact?

If you get 4 white pips and 2 advantage can you repulsor blast & concussive someone at extreme range? That would be incredibly potent.

I futzed with the 2000 earned xp build.... dropped sense defense upgraded got 30 xp back put 20 into two 10 xp toughened (padawan and niman-disciple) switched a starting skill rank from I think gunnery (went back and forth between the human ranks previously in ranged light and gunnery) dropped the modded/superior dragoon, picked up an ascension gun and left hand repulsor fist... the repulsor fist combined with far strike is I think a better option... sure I couldn't get super but using brawl which now has 3 yellow and 6 white, and he can do it when not holding anything in the hand so unarmed parry and holding a lightsaber, and it being a brawl weapon means defensive training always applies, granted he needs to spend white force pips equal to range up to long (range increase I think) but can use leftover pips for concussive. And by RAW since it's a brawl attack parry not reflect is used against it which means it can't be improved reflected back at this character or an ally. And he can used improved precision strike and hamstrung (to get rid of the free maneuver) or overpowered (to get a second shot in the same round), and can always not kill the opossum because of the precision strike. And now he can touch things with his left hand and not leave fingerprints or dna evidence.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/kgtopgiro8tfrhe/KelitahLaterius2000EarnedXpLeftHandRepulserFistUber.pdf/file

Edit:

The thought occurred to me to scavenge a repulsor fist for the repulsor weapon and craft a brawn increasing, ion shielded repulsor fist.

It needs either 2 triumph and 4 advantage or 3 triumph

This character made the check on the first attempt thanks the the manipulate force power with the control mechanics skill and mastery upgrades

Craft cybernetic arm take 1 : 4eD+4eP+1eA+6eF 5 successes, 2 threat, 1 Triumph, 8 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
d-th.png d--.png d-th.png d-th-th.png p-tr.png p--.png p-s-a.png p-s-a.png a-s-s.png f-ls.png f-ls.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png f-ls-ls.png

2 white for a triumph, the other 6 for 6 advantage, 2 cancel the 2 threat the other 4 to integrate the scavenged repulsor weapon from a repulsor fist, the two triumph for ion shielded.

The brawn increase helps him use the energy buckler better, repulsor fist/cyber arm repulsor blast, better and ordinary brawling better. Farstrike with a repulsor fist is a ranged attack with 3 yellow 1 green pool, energy buckler becomes 2 green, 2 yellow.

The sheer number of combat options this guy has in a duel is staggering, unless he looses on the number of triumph he's probably going first in one on many duel. He free draws a lightsaber, activates the energy buckler as a maneuver for increased ranged defense (from 3 to 4).

Because the energy buckler is on his wrist his left hand is empty whenever desired and he can unarmed parry, he can blast someone at short range with simple success (or spend white pips to increase range, add succes, or add advantage, or recover strain) activate concussive for 2 advantage and for triumph or 3 advantage can crit, use improved precision strike to select overpowered and then attract with the repulsor fist again activate concussive again (so that opponent isn't attacking for 2 turns) crit again use precision strike to select discouraging wound to flip a dp from black to white so he'll be able to activate peerless interception even if the destiny pool was all black at the beginning of the combat.

An opponent closes does a lightsaber/melee attack he spends the dp for peerless interception and unarmed parrys for 2 strain, if there was 3 threat he uses it to improved parry, otherwise he does an effortless counter and activates quality concussive 2, that guy isn't attacking for the next 2 rounds, either.

Opponents 3 through n comes in and attack the parry costs nothing due to the strain upgrade of peerless interception.

On his next turn, draw closer to add successes activate concussive if there's enough advantage to also crit, crit before activating concussive and use precision strike to select stunned (staggered for 1 round), then activate concussive 2 so staggered for 3 rounds, then use push aside and maybe knock him down.

Spend 2 strain to unarmed parry, effortless counter, activate concussive 2 and that's 4 opponents who can't attack next round. 2 that cant the round after that, maybe 1 round the round after that.

Parry against the remaining opponents cost no strain, every round 2 more opponents are staggered for 2 rounds (one of them possibly 3 instead of 2)

The rest of the n oppo

Spend

Edited by EliasWindrider
On 10/9/2020 at 6:16 PM, Luahk said:

How did the game go?

The squad make-up was very different than I had anticipated (twice in short order) so I went from doing your thing to doing a fusion of your thing and mine to just doing a different version of what I initially intended force wise.

Then *sadly* one of the players was unable to make it who had made the melee character and so I probably should've stuck to what you said. The session was fun and fine though.

5 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

How did the game go?