Inventory Generator - Feedback Requested

By marklgz, in Genesys

Hiya, really hope I'm not breaching any rules with this, but struggled to find community guidelines anywhere.

A little background

I've been a PC with my current group for a couple of years now. We started out playing FF SWRPG and have now moved over to Genesys and really enjoy the system. One thing the other PC's absolutely love is shopping! Everywhere we travel, the shops are the first port of call and take a hammering!

Whilst my GM is brilliant at adlibbing narratives and weaving stories, he hates the administrating the shopping.

Where I come in

To try and take some of the burden off his shoulders I started playing around with Excel to see if I could produce him a random inventory generator, so that he could easily and quickly provide the players with a traders inventory.

The state of play

I've produced an early version of the generator in Excel which currently has weapons and armour intended for a Genesys fantasy setting.

It factors in:

• The scarcity of items at the PC's location or in the game setting
  • The quality of items that the players are looking for
  • Result of the rarity skill check

Once these modifiers are inputted the generator produces the available inventory.

The Ask

I've asked for feedback from my GM, but I'd love to get some feedback from the wider Genesys community if possible. I'm looking for people to run through a few scenarios, maybe try it out with your groups and see if the output is helpful.

I could really do with some sense checking, ideas for improving and your thoughts on whether it's actually any good.

It's a very early version but I don't really want to put masses of hours in if the general consensus is that it's not worth it.

The Disclaimer

I've built it in excel, for excel so I have no idea what it will behave like in other systems. It uses a macro to refresh the inventory so these will need to be enabled to use it properly.

In closing

The file is attached to this message, as mentioned I apologise if this goes against any forum rules, I'm a newbie here and did look for posting guidelines.

If all is good, please have a play and let me know what you think. If people do enjoy it and find it useful I'm thinking I might produce others for various Genre's and maybe try some other Genesys generators like Adversaries, NPC's, Loot, Locations, Quests etc.

Thanks

200529_InvGen_Public.xlsm

Bump