AH3 worth buy if..?

By Dandy06, in Arkham Horror

Hi all,

my question is: Is Arkham Horror 3rd Edition worth it for me?

Here are some facts:

- I love the LCG it is one of my favourite game, but there are some friends in my playing group who don’t speak english. (English is not my native language) So because of this, I play it solo only. While it’s a good experience, it’s too expensive for me as a “solo only” game. That’s why I think I trade it away, and buy some other games, what we can enjoy together (and of course playing solo sometimes)

- I have Eldritch Horror and I love it too. Not as much as the LCG, I like that the card game has better storytelling, shorter playtime and less setup, but I like EH for the enormous globe trotting, the whole world is involved adventure feeling. That’s why I’m thinking about maybe Arkham 3 can “replace” the LCG , because only EH and AH3 came out in my language.

So what do you think, if I love Eh and the lcg for different reasons, can AH3 replace the LCG for me? Is it worth to have EH and AH3 on the same shelf?

I heard some negatives about AH3 that it’s gameplay is pandemic , and kinda boring, what do you think about this too?

thanks for the help

AH3 is a great game. I would say it's like AH2, AH: LCG, and Pandemic (which I would say is a good thing). Personally I like AH3 more the EH, but I know some people prefer EH if only because they already own all the expansions. AH3 is similar to the LCG by having story driven scenarios with branching paths, if that's why you like the LCG then I would definitely suggest AH3.

Edited by Lily Chen

Yeah... if you like story, AH3rd is way to go. Ofcourse everything is up personal taste, but I and my rpg friends like AH3rd. For some people AH 2nd and EH Are way to to go, but in my house those collect dust.

thank you, then I might pick it up as a storytelling game:)

Thanks for the infos and the suggestions !

Mini Militia App Lock 7Zip

Edited by sneazzy95