Close Quarters - IC (players only please)

By Bertie Wooster, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

@LTD @GhostofNobodyInParticular there is no D7 ping. That was where MC30 "Technician" would have gone if it had not died. Sorry.

ISD-I "Piddling" at B7 shoots MC30 "Premonition" at C9 with 2 dice. 2 hits.
MC30 "Premonition" at C9 shoots ISD-I "Piddling" at B7 with 1 die. 1 hit.
MC30 "Rendition" at D8 shoots ISD-I "Piddling" at B7 with 1 die. 1 hit.
CR90A "Jaina's Light" at B9 shoots ISD-I "Piddling" at B7 with 1 die. 0 hits.
ISD-I "Piddling" is destroyed, and other ships take hits. (Please change the HP on your spreadsheets.)

Hyperpings: A8, A9, B7, B9, C9, D8, F7, G11

Turn 8 orders are due in 48 hours. @GhostofNobodyInParticular @LTD

Edited by Bertie Wooster

@Bertie Wooster I have earned 2 additional points.

ALC "Lousy Shot" at A8 shoots X-Wing "Vogue Squadron" at B7 with 2 dice. 1 hit.
GSD-I "Dust in the Solar Wind" at A9 shoots X-Wing "Vogue Squadron" at B7 with 4 dice, discarding its Demolisher title. 3 hits.
MC30 "Premonition" at C9 shoots ALC "Lousy Shot" at A8 with 1 die. 0 hits.
MC30 "Rendition" at D8 tries to shoot ALC "Lousy Shot" at A8 but doesn't have the range.
CR90A "Jaina's Light" at B9 shoots ALC "Lousy Shot" at A8 with 1 die. 1 hit.
X-Wing "Vogue Squadron" is destroyed, and "Lousy Shot" takes a hit. (Please change the HP on your spreadsheets.)

Sensor readings: A6, A7, B7, B8, B9, F7, E10

Turn 9 orders are due in 48 hours. @LTD @GhostofNobodyInParticular

Edited by Bertie Wooster

@Bertie Wooster I have earned a point.

LTD: 6

GNIP: 5

ALC "Lousy Shot" at A6 shoots MC30 "Premonition" at B7 with 2 dice. 1 hit.
GSD-I "Dust in the Solar Wind" at A7 shoots MC30 "Premonition" at B7 with 3 dice. 2 hits.
MC30 "Premonition" at B7 shoots GSD-I "Dust in the Solar Wind" at A7 with 3 dice. 1 hit.
MC30 "Rendition" at B8 shoots GSD-I "Dust in the Solar Wind" at A7 with 1 die. 0 hits.
CR90A "Jaina's Light" at B9 tries to shoot GSD-I "Dust in the Solar Wind" at A7 but doesn't have the range.
MC30 "Premonition" is destroyed, and "Dust in the Solar Wind" takes a hit. (Please change the HP on your spreadsheets.)

Sensor readings: A6, A7, B5, B9, C9, D8, E6

Turn 10 orders are due in 48 hours. @GhostofNobodyInParticular @LTD

@Bertie Wooster I have gained 2 points.

54 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

@Bertie Wooster I have gained 2 points.

Quit bragging.

11 minutes ago, LTD said:

Quit bragging.

LTD: 6

GNIP: 7

Can't be top dog all the time.

This was a boring turn.

Sensor readings: A9, B8, C5, C6, C8, D4, D7, E11

Turn 11 orders are due in 48 hours. @GhostofNobodyInParticular @LTD

Sensor readings: A9, B8, C8, D5, D6, D7, E7, E11

Turn 12 orders are due in 48 hours. @GhostofNobodyInParticular @LTD

Edited by Bertie Wooster

GSD-I "Dust in the Solar Wind" at E7 shoots X-Wing "Doge Squadron" at D7 with 3 dice. 1 hit.
ALC "Lousy Shot" at D6 lives up to its name, trying to shoot "Doge Squadron" at D7 but line of sight is blocked by ALC "Weighted Dice" at D5.
ALC "Weighted Dice" at D5 shoots X-Wing "Doge Squadron" at D7 with 2 dice. 1 hit.
CR90A "Dodonna's Snide" at C8 tries to shoot GSD-I "Dust in the Solar Wind" at E7, but line of sight is blocked by Doge Squadron at D7.

"Doge Squadron" takes heavy fire. Please mark its HP on your spreadsheet.

Sensor readings: C7, C8, D7, D8, E9, G9

GSD-I "Dust in the Solar Wind" and CR90A "Jaina's Light" meet at C8! ALC "Lousy Shot" and MC30 "Rendition" meet at D8!

Turn 13 orders are due in 48 hours. @GhostofNobodyInParticular @LTD

GSD-I "Dust in the Solar Wind" at C8 shoots MC30 "Rendition" at D8 with 3 dice. 2 hits.
ALC "Lousy Shot" at D8 shoots MC30 "Rendition" at D8 with 2 dice. 1 hit.
ALC "Weighted Dice" at D7 shoots MC30 "Rendition" at D8 with 2 dice. 1 hit.
MC30 "Rendition" at D8 shoots ALC "Lousy Shot" at D8 with 4 dice. 2 hits.
CR90A "Fibberty" at E9 shoots ALC "Lousy Shot" at D8 with 2 dice. 1 hit.
CR90A "Dodonna's Snide" at C7 shoots GSD-I "Dust in the Solar Wind" at C8 with 2 dice. 2 hits.
CR90A "Jaina's Light" at C8 shoots GSD-I "Dust in the Solar Wind" at C8 with 2 dice. 1 hit.

GSD-I "Dust in the Solar Wind," ALC "Lousy Shot" and MC30 "Rendition" are all destroyed.

That brings the score to
@LTD - 10
@GhostofNobodyInParticular - 9

LTD has narrowly won the game. He got the exact amount of damage he needed to kill both ships. Congratulations LTD, and very well played both to you and GNIP.

2 hours ago, LTD said:

A close run thing.

Good game, @GhostofNobodyInParticular

Thanks @Bertie Wooster for running this. Nice work.

Congrats on the win! If only I had killed that X-Wing, we'd be tied. . .

Thanks for the game Bertie!

Thanks for playing. I would make a few changes next game (if there is one) but I think it went okay.

26 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Thanks for playing. I would make a few changes next game (if there is one) but I think it went okay.

I think the balance of ship power could be tweaked a bit. There isn't really an incentive to have a large ship. Sure, range is nice, but if it takes 12 turns instead of 6 to build an ISD, you get twice the dice and 1.5 times the hull by building 2 GSDs in the same time. And given the rate at which ships die (an ISD can be wiped out in 2 turns if you are lucky, and 3 if you get average rolls, same as a GSD), you need to pump out ships AFAP, so you'll buy the cheapest stuff available.

At least, that was my mentality when I was playing. The ISD was nice at first, but I was really missing that extra ship.

Yeah, mediums and larges probably need some help. I think the best strategy for those ships is to set them on an debris field or asteroid and leave them there for the rest of the game (unless they have to retreat) and just do your best to fire at stuff from a distance.

That being said, I think it would help if mediums had 6 hull (worth 3 VPs) and larges had 8 (worth 4 VPs).

The station blocking line of sight also probably hurt the ISD and VSD.

On the flip side, I think squadrons need help too. I think I would remove the "remove 1 die" terrain rules just for squadrons.