Mission control alternatives?

By GilmoreDK, in X-Wing Mission Control Technical Support and Feedback Forum

Hi all..

Mission control is shut down.. No more opportunity to create creative, narrative, epic missions .. 😞 Just bland 200 vs 200 boxing ring.. But apart from full on Photoshop/indesign .. Anyone who knows any fan made alternatives?

I was able to create a document for a mission (the death star trench) but I have to do it by my own ways.

Usefull links : https://github.com/geordanr/xwing-miniatures-font/tree/master/src/fonts The fonts to use to have the ship symbols and other symbols like critical

For the map you can do a map like by using powerpoint, keynote or libre office (slide). You can see my results (created with Keynote)

1924755715_PlanTranche_001.jpeg.dfc2a27641810d4c8e2c37fde0279787.jpeg

For sharing we will need a tool probably written with html/css/js and I don't have skills for create it.

But there is no way for the moment to share our work. French FFG tell us that it is a work in progress but they don't know when it will be released.

Too bad !

Edited by blueAngelIden
improve answer

I’m really late coming into this one but that’s because I’ve been late coming into the game. But I would have liked to give the mission editor a try. I really think it would have added an extra dimension to the game and give a fantastic base game more substance. Did you ever find a good replacement?

9 hours ago, NDK76 said:

I’m really late coming into this one but that’s because I’ve been late coming into the game. But I would have liked to give the mission editor a try. I really think it would have added an extra dimension to the game and give a fantastic base game more substance. Did you ever find a good replacement?

Unfortunately not.. I have made do using powerpoint.