Lemmings to the Slaughter (mafia)

By PodRacer, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

LP (3) Ninja , Gnip, Ebon

And just like that, LP was struck down by the remaining players.

@Lord Preyer Preyer has been killed, he was a town aligned bunyip ( a vanilla cop and doc)

Congratulations to @CaribbeanNinja and @EbonHawk on a flawless victory.

And to @Reavern for the 3p win.

Thank you @PodRacer , good game all and good scumming with you @CaribbeanNinja

1 minute ago, PodRacer said:

th?id=OIP.QnDENO6ZHcjLG6y-LU8hCAHaE6&pid=Api

6 minutes ago, PodRacer said:

@Lord Preyer Preyer has been killed, he was a town aligned bunyip ( a vanilla cop and doc)

So...were the roles actually RNG?

On 6/1/2020 at 5:04 PM, Lord Preyer said:

My suspects pool is @CaribbeanNinja (who I have a split read on) and @EbonHawk (who I have a null read on but freely admit to too often reading as scum).

Ill try and look at CNinja’s game now.

phew. This post made me sweat!

gg fellas! (btw I was a fruit vendor and gave gnips my sticky fruit D1. never expected so much chaos from it).

1 hour ago, PodRacer said:

And to @Reavern for the 3p win

only “zero post” win ever?

Has anyone considered the novel idea of scumhunting?

I have a question to @Madaghmire (no recriminations on it): why you didn't claim to receive the fruit d3?

1 hour ago, Ginkapo said:

Has anyone considered the novel idea of scumhunting?

On 5/29/2020 at 2:22 PM, Ginkapo said:

I am very much of the view its 2 of Jabba 40 Bertie

Bertie, quoting me from D2 proves my point. Nothing moved on ftom there. I worked hard to generate a lot of interactions which should enable strong scumhunying in future days. An Ebonhawk not engaging multiple days in a row is scum. CNinj was harder to catch but LP did so. The rest of town was concerned about fruit for 3 days.

1 hour ago, ovinomanc3r said:

I have a question to @Madaghmire (no recriminations on it): why you didn't claim to receive the fruit d3?

I kinda did Ovi. I thought the meaning behind my post was pretty clear; when Gnips said he was concerned he killed Gink by passing him the fruit, which I then quoted and wrote “What? That son of a *****!”

Sorry guys, work picked up in a huge way after this game started and between that and being home everyday with the kids i simply didnt have the bandwith for this, even after remembering the game was happening.

1 hour ago, Ginkapo said:

Bertie, quoting me from D2 proves my point. Nothing moved on ftom there. I worked hard to generate a lot of interactions which should enable strong scumhunying in future days. An Ebonhawk not engaging multiple days in a row is scum. CNinj was harder to catch but LP did so. The rest of town was concerned about fruit for 3 days.

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, Bertie Wooster said:

So...were the roles actually RNG?

Apart from reavern yes.

Full setup

Reavern 3p jester

Ninja Sfv/ goon

Ebon strongman roleblocker

Ovi- Sfv/VT

Bertie - tracker

LP- bunyip

Rest vt

5 hours ago, PodRacer said:

I am 2/2 losses to Scum Ben on this forum this year. Also Town is 2/2 on losses in games as a result of killing me at LyLo. I would welcome feedback on why I seem incapable of persuading you guys to believe me! Seriously, what am I doing wrong here please?!

1 hour ago, Madaghmire said:

Sorry guys, work picked up in a huge way after this game started and between that and being home everyday with the kids i simply didnt have the bandwith for this, even after remembering the game was happening.

I read you as Distracted Town throughout. I just don’t think the King of Scum scummarines!

8 hours ago, Lord Preyer said:

I am 2/2 losses to Scum Ben on this forum this year. Also Town is 2/2 on losses in games as a result of killing me at LyLo. I would welcome feedback on why I seem incapable of persuading you guys to believe me! Seriously, what am I doing wrong here please?!

It wasn't much to do with you this time. It was just that everyone I had read as scummy (Gink, Jabba, Bertie) turned out town, so I decided to go for somebody who had seemed clean on the chance that my reads were off.

Obviously, I should have let you claim, that would have saved you, but alas! I was impatient.

Edited by GhostofNobodyInParticular
24 minutes ago, Lord Preyer said:

Yeah that was really unfortunate. I can understand why town killed me; but I thought you proved yourself.

You really shouldn't feel like you did anything wrong, you were town MVP for sure when the rest of us were bumbling in the dark.

Edited by Bertie Wooster

Congratulations to @EbonHawk and @CaribbeanNinja ! And Ben - your reasonableness made it hard for me to press you!

Yes that was fun. Congrats to Ebon and Ninja.

I f you'd be so kind, I 'd also appreciate any feedback y'all care to share about how to sound less scummy when I'm just genuinely curious.

2 hours ago, FortyInRed said:

Yes that was fun. Congrats to Ebon and Ninja.

I f you'd be so kind, I 'd also appreciate any feedback y'all care to share about how to sound less scummy when I'm just genuinely curious.

Before you post ask yourself, 'how is this beneficial to town?'. If it isnt, dont post. You might be curious, still doesnt mean you should ask who the doc is.

Asking for ANY power role to reveal themselves is generally a bad idea.

Revealing your role (even if it's Vanilla Town) unprompted is generally a bad idea. (Miller is an exception)

If people are voting for you hard and you're at L-1 (one vote away from death) then it's probably a good idea to reveal your role. Or if we're at "Lylo" (when we can reasonably assume scum is one vote away from a gaining a majority).

I actually have an idea for a future Mafia game. I don't know that I understand all the mechanics well enough yet to pick a good roster so perhaps I could find help with that? Maybe some kind of online calculator or what not. But if you're willing to give me a few days I'll be glad to mod the next one

Edited by FortyInRed
Daggone mobile autocorrect
34 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

@EbonHawk @CaribbeanNinja congratulations guys on the win.

@GhostofNobodyInParticular are you making the next one?

I can if nobody else wants to. It seems Forty has a plan, so if he prefers he can do his first.

My games tend to be on the simplistic side, so if somebody can do a better job, they should probably go first.